Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was excited to test drive the Bolt with my wife last weekend. I love the car. I have a 65 mile round trip commute each day. I currently drive an 09 Honda CRV and will be looking to trade it in if I decide to take the plunge.

I may buy outright or lease. I will be combing this site for threads that address this issue. I have never leased a car before but the salesperson made it sound good (of course hes trying to meet his quotas!)

Another question is battery life and long term durability. I love my CRV and have been driving it for almost 9 years now. I wonder how long the Bolts batteries will last, and how much are repairs/replacement. A totally new area for me.

I know these questions have been asked and answered before, and Im really happy to join the group. However any encouragment (or not) is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can't really answer it for you. You have to research.

I have to admit, your location gave me a chuckle. I never realized there was a place called "Yolo County". I was conflating it with Y.O.L.O. or , "You Only Live Once". The picture in my head...

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Hello

I was excited to test drive the Bolt with my wife last weekend. I love the car. I have a 65 mile round trip commute each day. I currently drive an 09 Honda CRV and will be looking to trade it in if I decide to take the plunge.

I may buy outright or lease. I will be combing this site for threads that address this issue. I have never leased a car before but the salesperson made it sound good (of course hes trying to meet his quotas!)

Another question is battery life and long term durability. I love my CRV and have been driving it for almost 9 years now. I wonder how long the Bolts batteries will last, and how much are repairs/replacement. A totally new area for me.

I know these questions have been asked and answered before, and Im really happy to join the group. However any encouragment (or not) is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt
Welcome to the forums! Lease vs. buy is an ongoing debate that only you can really answer. I bought my Bolt, others prefer a new car every three years and continual payments.

As to the battery, nobody knows how long they'll last as we are the early adopters, but based on owner experience with both the Volt and the Spark EV, the indications are very good that they will last a long, long time with little degradation. Of course the life span of a battery pack is also a little dependent on the owner and their charging practices as well it seems. Don't charge to 100% a lot, don't use DCFC a lot and keep it plugged in during either very hot weather, or very cold weather seems to be the way to go for long life.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey- not far from you, just leased a Bolt for my 80 mile round trip into Sacramento and my wife and I love it! She just took a road trip with a friend to Reno and the car did amazingly well, given grades and extra cargo. One piece of advice- DO NOT go to John L Sullivan in Roseville. WORST leasing experience EVER. Love the car, loathe the dealership and their 6 hour "back and forth" on a lease deal we had already heavily researched. We had to walk out and be chased down to get our numbers.

This is our first EV and we are learning all the nuts and bolts of owning a BEV. Has been both challenging and fun!

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts