Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi, Dave,

Driving our Bolt through small blizzards. Even with Nokian Hakkas, one must exercise caution with that wonderful EV torque; it makes everyday dry road driving fun, but can be a bit strong on slippery uphills.

jack vines

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jack. I put Blizzaks on mine. I'm a Nordic skier and I drive up to Homestake Lodge at the Continental Divide almost every day for a ski. I've found it to be a very competent winter drive, with a bit of a light foot. I use L almost exclusively unless I'm on a longer Interstate Loop...well, Helena is as far as I've gone...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi, Dave,

Was through your way over Memorial Day round trip to SLC. Was surprised to find six new Tesla charging stations in Lima, MT off I-15; none in use on the busiest travel day of the year.

Did see one Tesla S with WA plates heading home on I-90 about Anaconda. There were enough bugs on the front, he'd done many highway miles, cruising about 85 MPH. Wonder what his range at that speed? I've notice the Bolt when showing range predictions based on extended city driving, gets on the highway at 70-75 MPH, the actual use can be as high as 2:1 over predicted. The GOM dropped 88 miles while covering 44 actual.

jack

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have just returned from a nano-vacation in Granite, Deer Lodge, Powell and Silver Bow counties, and I do solemnly report zero EV encounters in the Missoula-P'Burg-Butte triangle. My eye is trained to detect any Tesla, old Leaf or Bolt (plus of course all varieties of the Prius) from 1/4 a mile in fine weather :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts