Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am a soon to be Bolt owner in Ottawa. It should be at the dealership any day now. I'm very excited! I thought this forum would be a good way to connect with fellow owners.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
41 Posts
When and where did you order. I put my order in to Surgenor Barrhaven 3 weeks ago. Not sure if I will get a 2018 or 2019, although looking a lot more likely I'll be getting a 2019. I originally ordered Orange but now have to reselect color and maybe a few of the other options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put down the deposit in November with Jim Tubman.

And they just confirmed that mine will be delivered this weekend!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Crazy that they are so hard to get in Canada. Must be a import limitation or barrier, maybe? There's a dealer in St Petersburg, FL that has 36 new and gently used Bolts on the lot. You can literally walk it and walk out with the keys in hand. Crazy, eh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hope you are enjoying your Bolt! It's looking like I won't be getting a 2018 orange premier. The dealer told me they start production of the '19's in mid June. I now have to decide what color, wife is liking the Shock (yellow gold), as well as if I will still go with the premier. The main reason we picked the premier was the Driver Confidence II Package. We can now get that on the LT. Plus we actually prefer fabric seats over leather.

@mraymondus Ya its really crazy that we can't get Bolts in Canada. My dealer said they are allotted 5/year. He said he could sell 5 times that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it today! It's excellent so far. There were no models available for a test drive, so I went in a bit blind. I knew it would be quiet, but I didn't quite realize how quiet. Likewise, I really like the feel of driving it, very different, and pleasantly so compared to an ICE. It's very responsive and handles extremely well. I am obviously still figuring things out, but everything is great so far. Also, I spent the evening running errands around town, and it should be back to a full charge in a few hours (on a standard outlet): exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I got it today! It's excellent so far. There were no models available for a test drive, so I went in a bit blind. I knew it would be quiet, but I didn't quite realize how quiet. Likewise, I really like the feel of driving it, very different, and pleasantly so compared to an ICE. It's very responsive and handles extremely well. I am obviously still figuring things out, but everything is great so far. Also, I spent the evening running errands around town, and it should be back to a full charge in a few hours (on a standard outlet): exactly what I was looking for.
Congratulations! I too had to buy one without a test drive or even seeing one in person.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Congratulations! Be warned, you'll start acclimating to the quiet and then every little squeak or vibration will drive you mad. I'm currently trying to isolate a rattle in the right A pillar's interior trim and I swear anything I do only dampens the rattle on one particular section of road and speed only to introduce rattle on another section of road and speed.

BTW, what color did you settle on?

Reactions: Dimitrij

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats! My dealer is thinking I might get my build date this week or next as I'm now number one on their allotment list! I'm pretty excited, LT in Nightfall Grey. I currently have a 2017 Volt and it's really fun to drive. The most annoying part is when the engine does have to run because it ruins the silent driving!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Unfortunately I'm still waiting to finalize my colour and options. They still have no prices list for the 2019 models at the dealership.

I was lucky enough to get a test drive. I'm 6'5" and pretty much have to at least sit in a car before I buy. When I first sat in the bolt I was amazed that I had more leg room than I have ever had in a car, then I noticed that I could put the seat back another notch. On top of that I am then able to get into the seat behind the driver's seat with plenty of leg room. The thing is a Tardis. It's bigger on the inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately I'm still waiting to finalize my colour and options. They still have no prices list for the 2019 models at the dealership.

I was lucky enough to get a test drive. I'm 6'5" and pretty much have to at least sit in a car before I buy. When I first sat in the bolt I was amazed that I had more leg room than I have ever had in a car, then I noticed that I could put the seat back another notch. On top of that I am then able to get into the seat behind the driver's seat with plenty of leg room. The thing is a Tardis. It's bigger on the inside.
Awesome, I'm 6'3" so that will be awesome! I like my Volt to drive but it is low to get into and with the seat set for my height my 5 year old son can't even sit in the seat behind me without having his feet duckfooted again the seat back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heya - welcome to the club - I am also in Ottawa (Silver 2017 Premier) - I went with Surgenor (St. Laurent).

For Ottawa - you will want winter tires when the time comes - it is a heavy car, and our winter conditions are tough with the all-seasons. Look for rebates (I went with Michelin X-Ice3's, and got ~ $100.00 off by rebate).

Enjoy the driving - the weather at the moment is perfect for extending your range! City-driving, I am getting ~450km fully-charged. Highway, ~400 on the nose.

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.