Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me if and how I can disable the following annoying things:

The triple beep of the horn when walking away from the car while the motor is on

The 'Bolt EV' welcome screen that flashes on when you open the door

·
Registered
336 Posts
The welcome screen looks like a firmware boot-up screen, to present some view while the services are loading. Maybe look at it as a sign of pride in the people who designed the Bolt.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I might go out, at some point, and jot down all the settings we have disabled to get our Bolt to behave normally. But basically, I turned off every option on the infotainment screen. The welcome screen still comes up, but the insipid elevator music is gone. If you get out of the car with the fob inside, you get three bell chimes, but no more blaring horn. No horn for plugging in, or horn going berserk unplugging from a fast charger at a hotel at 2am (Guess how I learned about that).

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
If you get out of the car with the fob inside, you get three bell chimes, but no more blaring horn.
What about getting out of the car with the fob without turning it off? I frequently do this when I pick someone up and get out to open the door for them. It would be nice to just get a chime instead of the loud horn beeps...

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
What about getting out of the car with the fob without turning it off? I frequently do this when I pick someone up and get out to open the door for them. It would be nice to just get a chime instead of the loud horn beeps...
Nope. I just went out and tried it. With the car turned on, I take off my seatbelt, and the car chimes at me until I am out, and the door is shut. If I open the door again, it chimes at me until I get in and put on the seatbelt, or turn the car off. No horn.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Nope. I just went out and tried it. With the car turned on, I take off my seatbelt, and the car chimes at me until I am out, and the door is shut. If I open the door again, it chimes at me until I get in and put on the seatbelt, or turn the car off. No horn.
That sounds perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Triple horn beep

If it’s any consequence, I noticed that if the driver door isn’t completely latched closed when you close the door upon getting out of the car (with fob inside) that the triple beep doesn’t occur.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I hate the triple beep. My Cruze did the same thing and dealer didn't have a clue how to disable it. Every time I go anywhere with my wife, who keeps a fob in her purse, if I get out of the car and she doesn't, I get the triple beep. If GM insists this is a required feature, they could at least check which fob is in the car against which started it last and not beep if they aren't the same. Do all GM products do this? I swear I've never heard any car by mine do it.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I hate the triple beep. My Cruze did the same thing and dealer didn't have a clue how to disable it. Every time I go anywhere with my wife, who keeps a fob in her purse, if I get out of the car and she doesn't, I get the triple beep. If GM insists this is a required feature, they could at least check which fob is in the car against which started it last and not beep if they aren't the same. Do all GM products do this? I swear I've never heard any car by mine do it.
Like I said above, our car does not beep at you...ever.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
If it’s any consequence, I noticed that if the driver door isn’t completely latched closed when you close the door upon getting out of the car (with fob inside) that the triple beep doesn’t occur.
Oooh, that's useful - that might solve my "get out temporarily" needs. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check settings in center screen

I saw today that there is a choice under settings accessed via the center screen which permits you to turn off the 3 horn beeps. Since this car tends to lock the doors for you, I’d be hesitant to turn this triple horn beep off, since it’s a good tattle tale when you inadvertently leave your keys inside the car. :). I need to learn some more befor I do it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts