Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Enough with the name calling. Some people have already been reported for such so keep it clean or....as the kids say....GTFO.
Thank you.
I think you completely missed my point. DDS is a play on TDS, which asserts that some people are so wound up by Trump that they will be upset by anything he says/does. The deranged person in the example is not Trump, but the person reacting to Trump. Thus, I was asserting that some people seem to be upset by anything you say or do. Unreasonably so.

This is not to say that Trump isn't deranged, but that is disjoint from my original post.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I think you completely missed my point. DDS is a play on TDS, which asserts that some people are so wound up by Trump that they will be upset by anything he says/does. The deranged person in the example is not Trump, but the person reacting to Trump. Thus, I was asserting that some people seem to be upset by anything you say or do. Unreasonably so.

This is not to say that Trump isn't deranged, but that is disjoint from my original post.
Fair enough.
That said....this topic is now closed and admin have been notified to close it as it serves no more purpose.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't close this thread ... we want to see the final outcome with the new outlet, the wiring that was involved ... take some good pictures if you can, please.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Don't close this thread ... we want to see the final outcome with the new outlet, the wiring that was involved ... take some good pictures if you can, please.
That will be in a new thread maybe.

The thread isn’t going to be closed. Don’t worry.
We'll see about that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm curious how this will play out with that breaker panel. NEC usually requires that a Federal Pacific panel be replaced before a new branch circuit can be added because lost their UL certification, but I'm not sure about the CEC.

Granted, this is something that's a bit of a hazard, so it's something that really should happen anyway, and it's easy enough to add a branch circuit while the panel is being replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I am getting QUITE sick and tired of having to go out and playing with a 100ft cord just to plug in my Bolt EV. Snaking a wire down the stairs, out the hall, pinched out two doors and out to my car.

Talked to my landlord about getting at least a NEMA 14-50 put on the side of my building.....which is a 130 yr old house in Ontario. He is very old and set in his ways and said no. Trying to convince him otherwise and said that I can get a quote and pay half....but he is still quite hesitant. He owns drive ins and in town theaters that STILL do not take ANY form of digital currency.....JUST CASH....that is how set in his old ways he is.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to convince him otherwise? I already got a Grizzl-E charger on the way and plan to use it for when I go to campgrounds when it is not being used at home.

Oh...Currently using the charger that came with the bolt. I tuck it under the car when it's charging.

Thanks for any useful help you can provide.
Your situation is not unique, unfortunately.
I suggest you work with your local municipal office to institute ordinance: The Right to Charge.

These have been implemented elsewhere, including NJ state, MA state and I guess most of the West Coast (I am from NJ). It is possible at the municipal level. Sorry for no reference. It is waste of time to work with your landlord and next time, someone else will have to go through the same pain. Remember, "right to charge" does not mean landlord must pay. He must allow you to put the charging in place. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You got a great deal. I am lead to believe that electricity is pretty inexpensive in Ontario ( at least as compared to rates in the northeaster part of the USA ) .

121 - 132 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.