Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Bolt! Which trim and color did you get?

And you're a gear head? Now I'm curious to hear what you have planned for the Bolt.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Hello to all,
New dude here from San Francisco - East Bay Area (Concord / Clayton)

I am a gear head and a car NUT.
Now with a new adventure with this EV.

Already discovered a lot here while just looking.
Took delivery of my ride today.
Welcome new dude! You sound like me. I've been a car nut since I was 4 years old and bought my first car when I was 15. I've owned dozens of cars and worked on them all. Now I'm really excited about my first electric car!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Congrats on taking delivery. Keep us posted on how your early ownership days go since those are vital especially for a vehicle so new.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
All this talk about 'being a gear head'. The funny thing is I went from being 'hands-on' to completely 'its an appliance, I just want it to work'.

My first vehicle was a 1953 Chevy 3100, with a straight-6 and "three on the tree". I rebuilt the engine and transmission.

My next car was a 1965 VS bug. Now THAT was a car that was easy and fun to work on! Also rebuilt the engine on that one (although 'rebuilt the engine' was a lot easier than it sounds, since most of the work was taking it apart, cleaning it, buying 4 new cylinder sleeves and valve springs, and just putting it back together).

Went car-less for quite a few years (lived in a big city with all the affiliated car parking problems - so masstrans and bike).

Then moved to Europe and bought a VW Polo (great little car), then 5 years later switched to a Fiat Uno (surprisingly, also a great car) - my first 'bought-new' vehicle.

Since moving back to the states, I just want my car to go when I put in the key, and get me there, and not cost me a lot. I even gave up doing oil changes myself (since for some strange reason it's almost the same cost as doing it yourself and you get a LOT less dirty when somebody else does it).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bolt is a Nightfall Grey / dark grey Premier with both "packages"

It is replacing a MINI cooper S . this is going to be a great Daily Driver / commuter.

As for the "gear head" comment my current garage includes a Porsche Cayman S (my track car) I am a Porsche PCA National Driving Instructor and very regular at auto-X.
The other car is a 1973 Porsche 914 ... this one has been a long project ... It is the First Ever Official Formula 1 Pacecar.

Going to embrace the blue for some accents

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We've seen a few blacked out badges around here, but this is the first time I'm seeing blue and it works! Matches the blue on the side plate very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts