Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Reid and I'm down in Central Florida. I've been driving a Honda Civic Hybrid for 10 years (only had to replace the main battery once, so far) and still getting 46+ MPG but have been following the EV revolution for quite awhile now. I will definitely be getting an EV as my next purchase. I am aiming to pay off my student loan before I purchase so that gives me just over a year before I buy. I've been leaning towards a Nissan Leaf but now I think the Bolt will win out. At least from what I've been reading. Can't wait to see the first reviews on it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome aboard! I am from Puerto Rico but my family lives in Fort Lauderdale, so I visit Florida often. The new 2017 Chevy Bolt EV will beginn production next month, so I recommend waiting for the official news, then visit your closest GM/Chevy dealer and ask many questions. Some dealers can try to increase the price due to the inital demand, but if you don't want to risk a purchase, try getting a lease.

The Nissan Leaf is only worth buying if you can get a good used unit and at a great discount. Other than that, don't buy a newer model.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! If you're waiting over a year, the bolt will be ideal to buy at that point and you can get one for a good bit cheaper. The Nissan Leaf does seem good but... you know you want a Bolt more ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts