Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Hi From Florida

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Electro 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Reid and I'm down in Central Florida. I've been driving a Honda Civic Hybrid for 10 years (only had to replace the main battery once, so far) and still getting 46+ MPG but have been following the EV revolution for quite awhile now. I will definitely be getting an EV as my next purchase. I am aiming to pay off my student loan before I purchase so that gives me just over a year before I buy. I've been leaning towards a Nissan Leaf but now I think the Bolt will win out. At least from what I've been reading. Can't wait to see the first reviews on it.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard! I am from Puerto Rico but my family lives in Fort Lauderdale, so I visit Florida often. The new 2017 Chevy Bolt EV will beginn production next month, so I recommend waiting for the official news, then visit your closest GM/Chevy dealer and ask many questions. Some dealers can try to increase the price due to the inital demand, but if you don't want to risk a purchase, try getting a lease.

The Nissan Leaf is only worth buying if you can get a good used unit and at a great discount. Other than that, don't buy a newer model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.