Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi friends, on the 24th April we have placed an order for white Bolt LT in Bolton, ON. ETA is 3 months as per sales mgr. We have decided on BEV late last year, visited EV Discovery Center in Toronto, drove several cars including the Ioniq & "new" Leaf at the dealerships and decided on the eGolf.
We liked the interior design, materials and fit and the driving experience. 200 km rated range was fine as it was to be used as a commuter. Shared btwn my gf & myself. Our typical daily drives are within 40 & 60 km only. That's 99% of the weekdays.
Placed an order on 05 December'17 and waited. End of April not even an eta. Nothing. Total lack of communication other than polite responses to our regular email inquiries.
"Thanks" to VW Canada we have canceled the eGolf order and decided on the Bolt. And could not be happier. It's about $8K more than egolf after all our Kanadian bs fees + $14K ONT incentive are factored in. For that however we get double the range.
We purchased in Bolton as that GM dealer was the only one agreeing to wave the admin fee. We understand market forces & realities, supply/demand and all but when a dealer makes full $3K+ profit and still charges $500 or so admin fee ... THAT is BS. ... sorry for the rant.
Eh ... anyhow, we have been reading this forum for weeks now. You Ladies & Gents are awesome. :) :)

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Welcome aboard. Real easy getting build date and progress through dealer. Only frustrating part is the shipping as even the dealer can't figure out where it's at or how long it will take to ship.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Good choice. Bolt's range of 383 kms (EPA). Realistically more than that in summer makes a big difference for weekend jaunts as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi friends, on the 24th April we have placed an order for white Bolt LT in Bolton, ON. ETA is 3 months as per sales mgr. We have decided on BEV late last year, visited EV Discovery Center in Toronto, drove several cars including the Ioniq & "new" Leaf at the dealerships and decided on the eGolf.
We liked the interior design, materials and fit and the driving experience. 200 km rated range was fine as it was to be used as a commuter. Shared btwn my gf & myself. Our typical daily drives are within 40 & 60 km only. That's 99% of the weekdays.
Placed an order on 05 December'17 and waited. End of April not even an eta. Nothing. Total lack of communication other than polite responses to our regular email inquiries.
"Thanks" to VW Canada we have canceled the eGolf order and decided on the Bolt. And could not be happier. It's about $8K more than egolf after all our Kanadian bs fees + $14K ONT incentive are factored in. For that however we get double the range.
We purchased in Bolton as that GM dealer was the only one agreeing to wave the admin fee. We understand market forces & realities, supply/demand and all but when a dealer makes full $3K+ profit and still charges $500 or so admin fee ... THAT is BS. ... sorry for the rant.
Eh ... anyhow, we have been reading this forum for weeks now. You Ladies & Gents are awesome. :) :)
a little tip the dealerships hate our cars, nothing but bad experiences with them. I think they dont want the public to know about them honestly. welcome to the club and enjoy interesting to hear about VW. I'm from Toronto - Barrie here

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Mikek, incidentally round trip to Barrie from Milton in an eGolf would have been questionable on a single charge. Not so with the Bolt. I have friends in Utopia [8 km west of Barrie] that we visit regularly. We are so looking forward to that drive in a Bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts