Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up our Bolt Premier yesterday. I replaces our Ford Focus electric. We haven't driven it much yet, but we are looking forward to the increased range. In almost all respects I like it more than our Focus so far. The Focus was a little more responsive/sporty from a steering perspective, but I think that's all it has on the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What color? I got the gray, but I am kicking myself for not getting the orange. My wife made that decision for me... Does Seattle get any additional rebates? The Bolt should be a bit sportier to drive than the Focus. It has more HP and more Torque. Put it into Sport Mode and you should see a difference. The only thing that makes it less sporty is how you sit inside. The higher seat makes it feel more like an SUV than a sports car, could make a difference on how sporty it feels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went with the orange, also the wife's decision :).

There was a rebate of $1,250 plus a small discount from MSRP.

Yes, it definitely has more get up and go. In terms of the difference from the Focus, the Focus had tighter/more responsive steering.

The tires on the Bolt have better grip than the ones on the Focus though. They were terrible.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Yes, it definitely has more get up and go. In terms of the difference from the Focus, the Focus had tighter/more responsive steering.
This is one area that Ford understands and does better than most car companies. They do an excellent job with handling dynamics. The Focus has always been known for crisp and more precise handling. GM tends to always play it safe, so higher steering ratios, relaxed camber and caster, fair amount of toe in, all results in a more stable, safe handling with sluggish feel and lots of understeer.

Handling wise, the Bolt isn't too bad, but there is a lot of work to do if one want's it to handle and drive like a sports car. This is one reason I'm keeping my Solstice. I don't need the Bolt to be a sports car. I do love the Bolt's throttle though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
same story, we got ours on Easter Sunday. wife picked out the orange from Issaquah Chevy to replace Ford Focus EV. Focus has terrible tire grip but more comfortable seating. Bolt's front seat is hard to get used to, I can feel the plastic wings on the back sides and the hard left seat edge when I get out. apparently seat discomfort is a big issue in one of the other forums. Bolt's shifter is a big adjustment for us, especially going to reverse. We have seen charging errors every time we plug in our home EVSE. otherwise we love the handling and one pedal drive. orange is great, so much easier to spot in crowded parking lots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings from the East side of the state.

We're going to find out how the dark gray Bolt we picked up Tuesday handles all day in the parking lot in -10F weather. The Volt handled it without much issue, so I am optimistic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts