Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but never posted. I'm from So Cal, and I purchased a Bolt EV LT. Thanks to all of you who are active here that convinced me to go with the Bolt EV. My last car was a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid which I drove for over 220k miles before it was totaled in a rear end accident a couple of months back.

I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts and sharing some of my own experiences as I get a little more experience under my belt with the new car.

See you all around the forums!

Cardyin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! You are already in possession of the car? If so you are only the second person who actually has the vehicle I've seen post so far. I'm sure that will rapidly change as more vehicles start to reach customers in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I'm in possession of Nightfall Grey Bolt EV LT. I've been contacting dealerships in the area and bought a car from Rotolo Chevrolet just yesterday. They didn't take any names or deposits, but sold cars on first come, first serve basis. I just happened to notice that the car was not longer listed as "In Transit" on their website and called to confirm. The sales rep told me to come down right away if I wanted it, so I did. Already had financing all ready to go and price was MSRP, so the deal was easy. Most of my waiting had to do with the fact that the car had just come off the truck the night before, so they had to do receipt inspection, etc.

This also meant that the car only had base charge on it (28 miles), since they didn't even have time to charge it. I left the car at the dealership for a couple of hours and went back to work, so that they could charge it up, but unfortunately they only had 220V charger. Left the dealership with 75 miles range, which was enough for me to get home and charge up for the next day.

Love the new car, it drives great.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Yes. I'm in possession of Nightfall Grey Bolt EV LT. I've been contacting dealerships in the area and bought a car from Rotolo Chevrolet just yesterday. They didn't take any names or deposits, but sold cars on first come, first serve basis. I just happened to notice that the car was not longer listed as "In Transit" on their website and called to confirm. The sales rep told me to come down right away if I wanted it, so I did. Already had financing all ready to go and price was MSRP, so the deal was easy. Most of my waiting had to do with the fact that the car had just come off the truck the night before, so they had to do receipt inspection, etc.

This also meant that the car only had base charge on it (28 miles), since they didn't even have time to charge it. I left the car at the dealership for a couple of hours and went back to work, so that they could charge it up, but unfortunately they only had 220V charger. Left the dealership with 75 miles range, which was enough for me to get home and charge up for the next day.

Love the new car, it drives great.
Wow, awesome! Rotolo is very close to Mira Loma, where all the Bolts are sitting right now, so that must have helped them get a Bolt earlier than the other LA dealers. Post some pics when you have a chance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cardyin,

If you happen to find yourself bored with nothing better to do and a tape measure on hand (what are the odds of that?) can you please let me know the width of the bottom cushion of the drivers seat and the width between the center console and the door? I saw a post on another site where the writer guesstimated that the distance from the door to the center counsel was only 18 inches wide and that the seat is only 15 inches wide. Granted there are only 17 inches between the armrests on a Southwest flight, but that sounds really narrow if accurate. It will probably be about 3 weeks before I can see one in person at an auto show and maybe another 2 weeks after that before I can test drive one at a dealership.

Thanks,
Silence

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Silence

I had some time tonight when I got home so I did some measuring.

At it's widest point, the seat is 18 inches wide (towards the front). At the narrowest point between the center console and the door (cup holder to door handle) it's 22 in.

The seat itself is a bucket configuration

\ /
\___________/

At its narrowest point, the "bottom" part of the bucket is 12 inches, hence a lot of the comments regarding "narrow" seats. Personally, I think they are just fine. My wife thinks the seat itself is a little narrow, but not uncomfortable.

The car actually feels roomy to me, but I'm not very tall or wide.

Cardyin

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Silence

I had some time tonight when I got home so I did some measuring.

At it's widest point, the seat is 18 inches wide (towards the front). At the narrowest point between the center console and the door (cup holder to door handle) it's 22 in.

The seat itself is a bucket configuration

\ /
\___________/

At its narrowest point, the "bottom" part of the bucket is 12 inches, hence a lot of the comments regarding "narrow" seats. Personally, I think they are just fine. My wife thinks the seat itself is a little narrow, but not uncomfortable.

The car actually feels roomy to me, but I'm not very tall or wide.

Cardyin
Thank you for doing that! The results are strangely both better and worse than I'd expected to hear. The width at the widest portion is wider than the 15" reported on the other site by a good margin as is the 22 inches cup holder to door handle measurement. However, only 12 inches before the side bolsters start to intrude may be a problem for me. A problem potentially correctable with a cushion. I've read or watched a number of reviews or comments that indicate that the seats are uncomfortable primarily due to narrowness and/or lack of lumbar support. Not all of these comments are coming from large people. Thomas of Autogefühl comments on how narrow the seats are. This guy is rather tall, but he is also rather thin. He does the best car reviews I've seen on the internet. In the link below he does a walk around review of the Ampera-E (Bolt). Unfortunately a colleague of his does the preview drive. Hopefully Thomas will do a full review of the vehicle once they are available in Germany. I put a refundable deposit down on a Bolt that should arrive at my chosen Maryland dealership in February. I should have a chance to see the car at the DC auto show and test drive a demo before I have to commit. Thanks again for the measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts