Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nooooo!!! Not Jim!!! He was so young!

Welcome to the forum. :D Hard to estimate a release date when they say soon, hopefully it's spring next year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bazinga & Electro! :)

Some dealers in Germany (i'll get mine from there because they won't sell it here in Austria in the first place) say, that they will get the Ampera-e in january 2017. Customers should be able to drive and configure them by then. I was told that deliveries begin at the end of march, maybe 1 or 2 weeks earlier.
I don't know if it's that's true, because only 2 states in the US got the Bolt EV until now but if they say "Coming soon" in an official commercial I'm very confident taht it could be really true. I hope so. Can't wait!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Bazinga & Electro! :)

Some dealers in Germany (i'll get mine from there because they won't sell it here in Austria in the first place) say, that they will get the Ampera-e in january 2017. Customers should be able to drive and configure them by then. I was told that deliveries begin at the end of march, maybe 1 or 2 weeks earlier.
I don't know if it's that's true, because only 2 states in the US got the Bolt EV until now but if they say "Coming soon" in an official commercial I'm very confident taht it could be really true. I hope so. Can't wait!
I share your excitement! That schedule seems a little optimistic, as it's similar to the schedule my dealer promised me here in California.

I saw a video review of the Ampera-e and I like some of the decisions the German team made, such as white-on-black instrumentation instead of the reverse as in the US. (And of course due to regulations you'll get the midship turn signal repeaters standard even on the base model.)

One interesting note: GM's stated 0-60 mph and 0-100 kph acceleration times are considerably slower than real-world reviews are finding (Motor Trend clocked 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds!). This protects against disappointment in the event of cold weather or a low battery, but understates just how quick the car really is in normal conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts