Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is parked about 1/2 mile from where I work and it's a PITA to leave the facility. Sometimes I forget about the hilltop mode setting after leaving the parking lot. Am I the only one that would like to enable/disable hilltop mode using the app?

Maybe someone knows. Is this a setting that's on the CAN network?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm only guessing but I think it has to be set up before you plug a charge cord into the car.

I'm sure someone knows if this can be changed with the app, because the app isn't supported on my android tablet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only guessing but I think it has to be set up before you plug a charge cord into the car.

I'm sure someone knows if this can be changed with the app, because the app isn't supported on my android tablet.
It can be changed anytime you're in the car, charging or not and it cannot be changed using the app.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm pretty sure I tried changing my settings with the car connected, I remember not being able to change anything.

When I removed the cord then I was able to change my settings.

This was back in January right after I bought my car, I could be wrong I will have to try it again.

I did buy a cheap android table expecting to use the My Chevrolet app, only to find out it wasn't compatible, I'm not buying a phone just to screw with settings.

I'm happy with my cheapo flip phone I only need it for emergency calls, I'm not going into the expense of a smart phone with data plans just to work a cars apps.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Couldn't find a way to disable or toggle Hilltop Reserve mode using the app myself. Discovered last night while fiddling with the controls in the car's center console that Hilltop can integrate with Location-based charging, however. Right now I have it "On" for "Home" charging, and "Off" otherwise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am with MDBolt. I have had my Bolt set this way since December. When at home, Hilltop is enabled. When anywhere else, Hilltop off, it will get a full charge.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I'm happy with my cheapo flip phone I only need it for emergency calls, I'm not going into the expense of a smart phone with data plans just to work a cars apps.
My last "official" phone I got from my provider was a flip phone that had an early demise. Desperate, I bought a year old smart phone off eBay. Threw in my sim and was good to go without a data plan. All my phones I've bought since then, have been cheap pre paid or from eBay. One day, my service provider just threw in data without me ever getting a data plan. Now I get 2 gig per line without ever paying for a data plan. The trick is to never go to a cell phone store for a smart phone.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I did buy a cheap android table expecting to use the My Chevrolet app, only to find out it wasn't compatible, I'm not buying a phone just to screw with settings.

You can buy a pretty decent phone for not that much money as long as it's not brand new. https://swappa.com/buy/lg-g5

You can even buy a pretty darn good brand new phone for not a lot more: http://amzn.to/2DeqZ2B

As @XJ12 mentioned these will all work without a data plan or even without a SIM card though you'd need WiFi to get them set up and to download apps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not one to turn hilltop off that often. For me, I have to do it in my garage the day before I go anywhere because only before I plug it in I will have an idea if I am travelling far or not...
Would love to have that option from the app though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts