Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just got a new bolt and loving it. Need to throw a bike rack on however. I see that Draw-Tite and Ecohitch seem to be the favored on the forum, but I'm concerned that my existing rack a platform style Thule T2 XT Pro hitch won't clear the bumper when in the raised (closed) position. Apparently the rack requires a minimum distance of 6.5" from the center of the bolt hole on the receiver to the face of the bumper. No one, however, seems to know with either of the above mentioned hitches what that distance is, and it seems too close to guess. Can anyone who has either of these hitches installed take a ruler to it and let me know how far the bolt hole to face of bumper? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Brion

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just got a new bolt and loving it. Need to throw a bike rack on however. I see that Draw-Tite and Ecohitch seem to be the favored on the forum, but I'm concerned that my existing rack a platform style Thule T2 XT Pro hitch won't clear the bumper when in the raised (closed) position. Apparently the rack requires a minimum distance of 6.5" from the center of the bolt hole on the receiver to the face of the bumper. No one, however, seems to know with either of the above mentioned hitches what that distance is, and it seems too close to guess. Can anyone who has either of these hitches installed take a ruler to it and let me know how far the bolt hole to face of bumper? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Brion
I have a draw-tite and a T2 XT (2 bike), and there is plenty of clearance in the raised position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info, thanks! That answers the question of the draw-tite. I currently have a 2" T2 that I would keep if I can. I know that limits my options to the ecohitch. Assuming the 1 1/4" version of the T2 is the same dimensions as the 2", and assuming the ecohitch protrudes as far as the draw-tite, I should be good. That's a lot of assuming though.

Can anyone confirm if the ecohitch sticks out as much or more than the draw-tite? Or have the specific distance of the ecohitch from bolt hole to bumper face?

It seems like with that number one could determine if any given rack would clear the bumper of these hitches.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the ecohitch sticks out as much or more than the draw-tite? Or have the specific distance of the ecohitch from bolt hole to bumper face?
I have the Torqlift Eco Hitch on my 2017 Bolt Premiere, and the centre of the bolt hole in the receiver is recessed a shade under 4" from the rear face of the bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sean! The rack runs 6 1/2" from the bolt hole to the bike mounts when closed so that should clear just fine. Really appreciate the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts