Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
When I walk away from car and the horn chirps when I get a few feet away. I want to say it's because I may leave it on. It's annoying because I may be stepping out to mail a letter or a quick exit and return with someone in the car. Does anyone know where I can turn off this feature in the car?
THX

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm not too sure if you can as I think it's a safety feature.. it's definitely because it's turned on though. I presume the key is in your pocket?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yes, RTFM. Or, conversely, do a search on this forum to find the thread where somebody asked a very similar question, and all of the 'chirping' reasons were detailed.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Whoops - I read it on a different forum :

Re: Bolt keeps honking at me...

Page 35 : "Remote Left In Vehicle Alert
When the vehicle is turned off and an RKE transmitter is left in the vehicle, the horn will chirp three times after all doors are closed."

Page 36 : "Remote No Longer In Vehicle Alert
If the vehicle is on, with a door open, and then all doors are closed, the vehicle will check for RKE transmitter(s) inside. If an RKE transmitter is not detected, the DIC will display NO REMOTE DETECTED and the horn will chirp three times.
This occurs only once each time the vehicle is driven."

Page 43 : "Lockout Protection
If the vehicle is off and locking is requested while a door is open,
when all doors are closed the vehicle will check for RKE transmitters inside. If an RKE transmitter is detected and the
number of RKE transmitters inside has not reduced, the driver door will unlock and the horn will chirp three times."

Page 47 : " How to Detect a Tamper Condition
If <unlock icon> is pressed on the RKE transmitter and the horn chirps and the lights flash three times, an alarm occurred previously while the alarm system was armed.

If the alarm has been activated, a message will appear on the DIC"

Page 238 : "four audible chirps
Insufficient time to fully charge by departure time due to the selected rate preference.
To increase the battery state of charge at the departure time perform a delayed charging override. See Delayed Charging Override - Page 235."

Page 238 : "repeated audible chirps
Electricity has been interrupted before charging was complete. Repeated chirps will stop if power is restored within
90 seconds."

Page 238 : "three audible chirps
Charge port door is open"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts