Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Applied early November and my Application for HOV Decals got denied from DMV. :( They state my HOV decals were already issued to the dealership 2 weeks before I leased my Bolt. The thing is that they were issued to a different dealership from the one I leased from. I contacted my dealership and they are looking into this issue. I hope to get my HOV Decals soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
depends on the state, CA requires one on each side and one on the back right, not two as you've shown.
He does show all 3.

Applied early November and my Application for HOV Decals got denied from DMV. :( They state my HOV decals were already issued to the dealership 2 weeks before I leased my Bolt. The thing is that they were issued to a different dealership from the one I leased from. I contacted my dealership and they are looking into this issue. I hope to get my HOV Decals soon.
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, I hope it gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
336 Posts
(Yes, in CA). Okay, so just the two large ones on left and right side, and one small one on the back-right. Would the bottom plastic skirt be advised, rather than on the paint?

·
Registered
20 Posts
(Yes, in CA). Okay, so just the two large ones on left and right side, and one small one on the back-right. Would the bottom plastic skirt be advised, rather than on the paint?
On my old Volt, I had the green stickers down on the plastic bumper cover. After someone tapped my bumper and forced me to replace it, I had to go through a painful process of sending back the old stickers and waiting for the replacements.

When I got the Bolt, I put the stickers up on the paint and not on the bumper cover. This way, if I have to change to bumper cover for some reason, I don't have to deal with the hassle of replacing the stickers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, I hope it gets resolved soon.
My dealership called me yesterday, they were able to track down the HOV Decals and should have them by Friday. Since there was an issue getting them from my side, they are taking care of $22 fee. So I am getting my HOV Decals for free! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
A sort of funny story about dealer installed HOV stickers.

My Bolt came with HOV stickers which the dealer "installed" for me. What I didn't realize was that the guy who put them on my car stuck them to the freshly Armor-All'd black plastic part of the bumper. When I got home they were all gone. Nothing but greasy Armor-All residue was left. It took some calls, but the dealer sent me a $22 check to cover the replacements, those should be on the way from the DMV any time now, I hope.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nov. 8 - Car purchased
Nov. 18 - CA Plates arrived along with the filled out HOV form the same day.
Nov. 20 - Mailed HOV form to DMV
Dec. 12 - DMV cashed the $22 check
Dec. 18 - HOV stickers arrived in mail.

Placed onto the Bolt EV, in the correct manner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts