Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

How best to set range....,percentage, miles, or range tabs

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wesley 
#1 ·
Somehow, I can not get the range setting that I desire. For instance, if I would set for 8 green tabs, the miles are way off and then vice versa. If I would set for about 200 miles then range is more about 70% What is the best procedure to follow for setting range. I would like to stay at 80% or at 200 miles. I also understand that once the range is set, it is subject to varying. Do I have to re-range before each charge?:)

#3 ·
Reported driving range for a given state of charge is based on your most recent driving pattern, and it can fluctuate a lot. You do not "set" the range. It's simply a calculated result. So it is going to be quite difficult to try to charge your car to a specific range. You should set the charge level to a certain % and accept whatever range number it comes out with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.