Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

How big of a box can I fit in the back?

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Electro 
#1 ·
I need to buy a TV soon and since my tape measure is packed up (still in the process of moving) anyone have any idea how big of a box (L x W x H) I can shove in the back assuming the seats are folded down?

#2 ·
I don't have the exact measurements, but I think they're available on the Chevy site.

First thing I did when I got my Bolt was take out the stupid styrofoam crap under the cargo floor (designed by some idiot engineers for the non-existant spare tire which adds some nice additional storage space for stuff you lug around all the time.

#4 · (Edited)
In practice, I have 2 real time situations about the cargo space, you might find relevant, Let us all know about yours.
Recently, for my wife's convenience we through the BWMi3's cargo mat into the bolt, for a shopping trip, that mat fit with room to spare on all sides. For sure the Bolt flat area is bigger then the electic Bwmer!
BTW: Yesterday I carried two 10' 3" plastic drain pipes in the Bolt --- they did NOT fit by a few inches, so the stuck out the passenger window a little. bummer

#6 · (Edited)
You can get a box in the Bolt that is roughly 2' high X 3' wide X4' long.

A shorter vertical box would allow a wider dimension, or a narrower box would allow a taller one, and a smaller person driving with the seats moved forward would allow a longer box also.

But that is a rough starting point. The opening at the back is sort of rounded at the corners, which is what limits the box sizes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.