Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my current car, it takes forever from the moment I turn on the ignition to the moment the head unit LCD screen becomes fully functional.
Rather annoying.

In some video's I've seen on the Bolt it seems to go rather quick, but these video's may have been cut. Any comments on how long it takes before you can do something useful with the screens (behind the wheel / center dash)?

Ideally, could somebody post a video showing the screens come to live?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Did you by any chance try stopping by the local dealer just to see the boot up time of Bolt on their lot?

It's quite possible this is an issue and limited to a certain batch or batches.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you by any chance try stopping by the local dealer just to see the boot up time of Bolt on their lot?

It's quite possible this is an issue and limited to a certain batch or batches.
LOL. My current car is not a Bolt and, more important, I am not even in the US :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Is the Ampera-e not available on showroom floors where you are? They should be on sale in Europe already and you can give the system a try. Should boot up at the same speed as the Chevy Bolt.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the Ampera-e not available on showroom floors where you are? They should be on sale in Europe already and you can give the system a try. Should boot up at the same speed as the Chevy Bolt.
Only on sale in Norway, for the time being. Quite a stiff ride. And probably they don't have any on display either :crying:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We cannot order yet. They do not know when ordering starts and they can't even give us a price. Maybe in a month or so. Personally, I don't expect delivery to start before July or so.

I ordered an Outlander PHEV back in December 2012 and it was delivered to me early November 2013. So I am used to waiting a bit ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts