Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Anywhere from 1.2 (purposefully idling and torturing the heater) to 6.5 spring with city drives no hvac. Apparently News Coulomb got 8.1 on his recent low load test of his 2020 loaner! That is outstanding.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Anywhere from 1.2 (purposefully idling and torturing the heater) to 6.5 spring with city drives no hvac. Apparently News Coulomb got 8.1 on his recent low load test of his 2020 loaner! That is outstanding.
I saw that too. Must be a downhill commute home for him to hit that. 516 mile range on the new 2020 Bolt's! :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Over the course of my 90k+ miles, I've averaged 3.3 m/kW. But I live in MI and most of my miles are on highways. I am self employed so I keep scrupulous records of personal and work mileage. I charge almost every night. I've seen as low as 2 m/kW in the dead of winter on cold days and as high as 5.5 m/kW in the city in the summer (no A/C).

Dayle

·
Registered
199 Posts
10k miles over 9 months. 2019 LT. San Diego, CA. Cruising speed 63mph. Minimal heating / AC. 4.4 miles per kWh average.

I used to get 4.9 miles per kWh with spark EV, kicking every butt on planet earth. I miss that little car. Had to turn it in at lease end. They asked for silly amount of money if I kept it.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't drive for efficiency but I am wondering how many miles the best of us get? Thanks!

btw I get 3 to 4 miles per kWh.
Because my charging system has gone berserk and I get 320+ miles/fill + another few from traffic regen, I get a little over 5 in summer with partial AC use. Winter is a different story, under 4 on the gauge.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Three years, 33K miles, 3.3 mi/kWh lifetime average.
I'm coming up on year 2 this fall, I don't know where to get a good accurate number so until I find that I used the MyChevrolet App which I don't 100% trust. It says I have 2.8 after 24,570. I drive my Bolt like I just punched through a Trump voter road block and I have one of those assholes on my hood as I'm accelerating to 92 so I expected to see 2.4, that and my winter climate.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I'm coming up on year 2 this fall, I don't know where to get a good accurate number so until I find that I used the MyChevrolet App which I don't 100% trust. It says I have 2.8 after 24,570. I drive my Bolt like I just punched through a Trump voter road block and I have one of those assholes on my hood as I'm accelerating to 92 so I expected to see 2.4, that and my winter climate.
Doesn't snow here anymore, central Virginia. Drive it like I bought it outright...which I did.

·
Registered
295 Posts
2.5 years. 3.8 avg. Nearly all hiway at speeds from stop and go to 75 plus. I drive it like an ice — heat in the winter and cool in the summer. Winter is seldom under 15F. Summer often over 90. The car really seems to like it about 75 to 85 degrees. I bought the car at the end of Oct. and never saw the advertised 238mi range till early June. This is in Virginia.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I normally get 3.3 - 3.5 and a full-charge range of 190 - 210 on the GOM.

But last week I took a 390-mile road trip to Sonoma in which I kept cruise set to 65 for long distances on Highway 280 and 101, and took some Highway 1 and other slower local routes. The climate was comfortable with fan only.

I was shocked to have gotten 4.5 for the trip, and after a full charge the GOM read 280 miles. I never had that happen before.

It's all about the temperature and patient driving.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Recently completed a trip of about 325 miles from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania. Used A/C all the way with top speed of 68 MPH. Charged a total of 40 minutes and left car on with A/C running while charging. Arrived showing 4.3 mi/kWh.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
My freeway driving is with the flow in the left lane so this week there have been less old people on the road for whatever reason so the pace on the freeway has been about 88MPH. My daily commute is about 77 miles, half on the freeway and half on county highways. I drive in L for most of it, except not on the freeway and pursuit mode is always on. Half the year is winter, I use the heat like I'm hatching chickens. I L2 charge at home to 90%.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
213 Posts
I track my daily commute (130 miles RT) on a spreadsheet. My Bolt reports 4.3 lifetime efficiency, over 57K miles, 2+ years. That figure is weighed down by a few trips and some local driving which tends to be less efficient than my commute. Still, 90% or more of my driving is commute.

My lifetime average to work is 6.9 with a range of 4.0 to 9.3. My return home averages 3.6, with a range of 2.9 to 7.9. My RT averages 5.2 lifetime, with 3.6 to 6.5 range. At the end of my commute, I typically have 100-130 miles of range remaining, with a low of about 50, high of about 150. I use HT Reserve unless taking trips, so my ending range would be 30-40 miles higher if I charged to 100%.

My numbers are impacted by a roughly 2500ft elevation drop in the morning, reverse in the evening. My preferred route is a 45MPH rolling hill, winding back highway (33 mi), with 50MPH expressway (15 miles) and 55MPH Interstate for the remainder and 1-2 mi of surface streets on each end.

Being in Colorado, seasons definitely have an impact. I find my HVAC use is minimal. Even so, winter driving tends to be 20-25% less efficient, summers here rarely require AC.

The real magic is in the cost. My utility rates are roughly $.10/kWh. My monthly gas costs in my previous two cars were roughly $300 (Audi A6), $150 (Fusion Hybrid). The Bolt costs me around $50/month in juice, and with appliance and lighting improvements in my home, about $20/mo monthly average increase since buying the Bolt.

It blows peoples minds when I tell them I average over 170 MPG (equivalent) on my commute.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts