Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. apparently a lot of places got a heck of a lot of snow over last night and the night prior. Thankfully... down here in Toronto, I really don't think we got anything more than 2 inches.. if that.. the wind has been kind of hectic though?

How has it been where you guys are and have you been able to even take the Bolts out ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
New York got a lot less than anticipated but still wound up with 6-7 inches. The bolt's blocked in by mounds of it, gonna break out the shovel in a bit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The night before last we got about 10cm (4 inches) but last night only 2 or 3cm. The Hammer got hammered a couple nights ago though!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Québec city, always the worst place in the world, in mountain we received almost 43 cm / 17 inches.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Since we're on this topic of snow is anyone planning to just get regular winter tires or winter tires with studs for the next winter season? With how off the line happy the Bolt is, this might be a wise idea. Wouldn't like to have extra slippage when trying to move.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn.. good to hear nobody had extreme troubles outside or anything, but holy moly I didn't know Quebec got that much snow. That's horrendous! Stuck at home I would presume?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah we receive a lot... Still running with the original 4 seasons tire, on the road have to remove the traction control. After 1 miles of driving whithout it, I got couples of warning in the cluster like "Power steering assist disabled, Watch for pedestrians..."
For the next winter, I'll buy very good winter tire, ice and snow, with no studs. Studs are only good on super icy roads.
Toyo GS-i 5 or Blizzak, on 16 inches tire should be good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
After this storm I am kind of glad my Bolt is sitting at the Dealer in Elmira waiting for April 1st. We only had about a foot of snow here but on the other side of Elmira in Binghamton they got about 36" an all time record. They banned trailer truck traffic on the interstates in NY so it was real quiet on the roads. I am keeping our AWD SUV hopefully parked almost all the time as a backup for bad winter weather which we get a lot of here in the snowbelt.

·
Registered
735 Posts
On that note if you don't know what they use to metal ice, it might help to find out. Some locations use too much salt which can make upkeeping of your vehicle harder, that's if you're very particular about the conditions its exposed to when driving.

My condo has a car wash so that makes upkeeping in that regard much easier.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's lucky for you. I'm in Canada and the snow can go up to my knees some winters. :crying: Sometimes I wish Jeep would just come out with an electric Wrangler so I can roll over all the snow.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
We got 36" of snow overnight on Feb 8th 2013... no cars, trucks, SUV's or anything was moving that next morning.
They had to bring in Pay-Loaders and dump trucks to clear the streets.. and if you were on a secondary road- it took 3-days or more to get your road cleared!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think I recall that snowfall, my car was stuck, some people didn't have power and I lived off whatever was in my cupboards for a day or two. :D Good times, gooooood times.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I remember an ice storm like that... lasted 3 days in my area I think without power and it was horrendous. Thankfully we had a fireplace so you can imagine the amount of wood that was burned for heat haha.

Traveling a bit aways for McDonalds and other fast food areas for coffee and food was a necessity.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Being a truck guy I like how some winters like that warrant bringing in the military. Nothing like seeing some military vehicles roll by in areas you wouldn't have thought of before.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Don't know how you guys can stand it. I guess you all grew up with it and are conditioned that way.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know how you guys can stand it. I guess you all grew up with it and are conditioned that way.
Essentially that's pretty much it, lived here all my life so it wasn't as much of a surprise, but it was definitely quite an inconvenience and always an experience lol.

Still.. I think in the coming years, I may have to do away with all of it and move to somewhere much warmer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts