Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Over lunch I was looking at the little bug or stamp on the windows in the car. It says “TRANSP. 70% MIN.” Which leads me to believe that the windows are either 70% now, or that they simply comply with some regulation that requires at least 70%.

Anybody know for sure what the stock VLT is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I always do 15% on all side and rear windows.
How is the nighttime vision out the front side windows?

I stopped by a well regarded tint shop the other day, after talking to them I think maybe 20% on the rear and back doors would be fine. I don’t think I want lower than 35% on front side doors, but not sure if I should do that or 50%.

The way they explained it and how I read the law, I think I can go 35% all the way around or go 50% on front sides and then whatever I want everywhere else. I doubt that police would notice or care if I did 20 and 35 though.

I think my i3 was probably 35% all the way around and really wasn’t bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How is the nighttime vision out the front side windows?

I stopped by a well regarded tint shop the other day, after talking to them I think maybe 20% on the rear and back doors would be fine. I don’t think I want lower than 35% on front side doors, but not sure if I should do that or 50%.

The way they explained it and how I read the law, I think I can go 35% all the way around or go 50% on front sides and then whatever I want everywhere else. I doubt that police would notice or care if I did 20 and 35 though.

I think my i3 was probably 35% all the way around and really wasn’t bad.

I dont think 15% is too dark. Maybe sometimes in the rearview backing up perhaps? But 'dark' is subjective. I think 35% is way too light for my taste.

I live in KC MO and the limit is 35% but it is not enforced. I have pals who do 5%.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got ceramic 80% on our Bolt - Llumar Air 80. We wanted the heat/UV repelling properties but wanted as much visibility as we could get.
Hi,
I'm planning on getting my new EUV tinted, but want to be able to see at night (I live in an area with very little street lights).
Would you mind posting pictures so I can see what 80% looks like?
thanks!

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,877 Posts
Hi,
I'm planning on getting my new EUV tinted, but want to be able to see at night (I live in an area with very little street lights).
Would you mind posting pictures so I can see what 80% looks like?
thanks!
See my post in this thread on legal limit then check the laws in your state. Just an FYI a man wound up dead earlier this month after police stopped him for the sole infraction of illegal tint. I personally try to avoid doing the silly things that can get you stopped for nothing and possibly killed.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thank you! I suspect that doesn't affect night time visibility at all yeah?
Not at all. We went for this for the exact same reason. The guy even offered to do the windshield too. I’m sure it wouldn’t have made a difference in terms of visibility but I was just too paranoid in terms of getting caught since it’s technically illegal to have it on the windshield.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not at all. We went for this for the exact same reason. The guy even offered to do the windshield too. I’m sure it wouldn’t have made a difference in terms of visibility but I was just too paranoid in terms of getting caught since it’s technically illegal to have it on the windshield.
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking of going 50% which from what I've seen on youtube also hardly affects nighttime visibility, but will give a slightly more darkened look from the outside

21 - 31 of 31 Posts