Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I did the Costco program which directed me to Weseloh Chevrolet in Carlsbad. Got a call from them and that was that.

That's why I put that in quotes. Costco doesn't use supplier pricing, he just used that as a pricing reference. I learned the trick to use Costco to lock in savings on cars that will likely sell at MSRP or above from my buddy who flips cars. He was buying Raptors under MSRP and then reselling them for $5k over MSRP when all the dealers were selling them for $10-15k over. The trick is to get the order(s) in before demand is too great.
so what was the price you got ? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even though a discount doesn't currently show in the supplier pricing system when I access it directly, I got a supplier pricing quote from the dealer I went to:
  • Bolt Premier (Kinetic Blue Metallic)
  • Infotainment Package
  • Driver Confidence II Package
$41595 supplier pricing

·
Registered
861 Posts
Even though a discount doesn't currently show in the supplier pricing system when I access it directly, I got a supplier pricing quote from the dealer I went to:
  • Infotainment Package
$41595 supplier pricing
No fast charge option? But includes the $875 destination chg?

So a $1,560 discount from MSRP of $43,155?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even though a discount doesn't currently show in the supplier pricing system when I access it directly, I got a supplier pricing quote from the dealer I went to
How did the dealer handle this? Did you present an authorization certificate? How did the dealer calculate the Supplier price?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
  • Infotainment Package
$41595 supplier pricing
bummer .. I was only offered $500 off MSRP ... still have to go through with Costco Auto Program process to see what the final price is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No fast charge option? But includes the $875 destination chg?

So a $1,560 discount from MSRP of $43,155?
Correct this was a supplier discount quote on an MSRP of $43,155 (the quote included the destination charge).

Regarding the fast charge option, I've owned a Nissan Leaf for about 4 years and only used even level 2 charging outside of my home a handful of times. 99% of the time we just plug it in when we get home and charge overnight. I just didn't think I would ever use the fast charge more than a handful of times and didn't make much sense for the cost for me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
How did the dealer handle this? Did you present an authorization certificate? How did the dealer calculate the Supplier price?
I just said I was an employee of the company I work for and he went in to one of the ordering applications and was able to calculate a supplier program quote. He said when I sign the actual purchase paperwork I would need to provide my supplier program ID and proof of employment at that time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bummer .. I was only offered $500 off MSRP ... still have to go through with Costco Auto Program process to see what the final price is.
I'm also a Costco member so I mentioned that I should be eligible for both the supplier program price and Costco price (he said I could only use one or the other on the purchase though). Regarding the Costco price, I originally ended up at this particular dealership because this is the one that Costco works with in my area... The salesman mentioned that he has been "talking to the Costco rep", but they haven't finalized the negotiated price on the Bolt yet.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nice! So you can get two discounts and the gov't incentives for an extremely affordable Bolt. If only I could somehow take advantage of my friend's employee discount, the guy works for a car rental company.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice! So you can get two discounts and the gov't incentives for an extremely affordable Bolt. If only I could somehow take advantage of my friend's employee discount, the guy works for a car rental company.
I think he was only able to use one or the other of the discounts but he did get the gov't incentives as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey All!

Today a dealer in the Oakland area quoted $300 under the MSRP for a loaded Metallic Blue Premier Bolt using my Costco membership. I'd love to know how I could get an additional $1,600 if Reeler is open to sharing (feel free to PM me)! The intended production date for the vehicle is the week 12/19.

Advice on haggling welcome, though the scaled-back release does not seem to give much wiggle room...

·
Registered
730 Posts
One way that works industry wide is shopping around for a better price and having them compete on getting your business. That for me has worked in the past. Some of them will give you a price lower than the competition plus a little extra as an incentive.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I see no reason at all for any dealer (or GM for that matter) offering discounts at this point in the game. Try and sell everything you get of a limited resource at full price, discount after a month or three IF demand winds down.

·
Super Moderator
2,028 Posts
How much was the final price after your $1900 discount?
And which dealer?

btw, I put in a deposit at Keyes Chevy, but the GM is a bit of a douchebag. So I contacted Rydell Chevy and put my name in for a Bolt that is coming in soon that hasn't been reserved yet. Expecting Costco pricing + whatever incentives may be available. Rydell also said they do out of state deals (I am in MD).

·
Registered
13 Posts
They have a configurator on their website and I think members get a discount
Enterprising deal-seekers found the Bolt on Costco's site earlier this month (see the 11/10/16 Jalopnik article) before the vehicle was publicly available. The Bolt listing has since gone missing from the retailer's website, but that shouldn't keep you from asking about a Costco discount when you contact Chevy dealerships--assuming you are an Executive member, since I gather they will check that at some point.

I believe AAA has a similar auto-purchasing program, but availability varies by the region. For me it's a non-starter since I'm a member through the Mid-Atlantic club and we all know Bolt's won't be coming to the East Coast this year.

I would appreciate any updates on better Costco deals on the West Coast, though, as I am willing to travel! :D

21 - 40 of 669 Posts
About this Discussion
668 Replies
283 Participants
dhalbrook
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing