Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,028 Posts
dunno about costco pricing by my dealer was willing to go $500 under MSRP.
I'd assume costco pricing to be better
Costco will be about 1.3k off a base LT, 1.9k off a loaded Premier. Give or take a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you know the Costco Pricing?

I am on the Costco website but the Bolt is not listed. How are folks finding any pricing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Costco website

I am on the Costco website but the Bolt is not listed. How are folks finding any pricing?
Yeah, I have been trying to find it for the last couple of weeks with no luck. Is it possible that the program is only available for certain ZIP codes???

·
Registered
49 Posts
IT was up prematurely and then taken down. Those of us with Costco pricing have gotten commitments from the Costco dealers that they will honor it when it's "officially" released. We'll see what that is...my dealer told me he was fairly certain it was $600 under invoice.

FWIW you can still configure a Bolt and see invoice at cars.com and at least one other site that escapes me currently.

·
Registered
26 Posts
IT was up prematurely and then taken down. Those of us with Costco pricing have gotten commitments from the Costco dealers that they will honor it when it's "officially" released. We'll see what that is...my dealer told me he was fairly certain it was $600 under invoice.

FWIW you can still configure a Bolt and see invoice at cars.com and at least one other site that escapes me currently.
Can costco pricing be used for setting the car price for a lease?

·
Super Moderator
2,028 Posts

Can costco pricing be used for setting the car price for a lease?
Yup!

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update!

I got my Saturday update email and it stated no progress (still in 'order transmitted), so I was getting pretty bummed. An hour later my dealer called me to say my Bolt had completed assembly and was ready for shipment. It should be arriving "mid to late December" as part of Capitol Chevrolet's first Bolt shipment. Huzzah!

When I know more I'll update the post. :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At most, 3 more weeks until you take delivery of your new Bolt! you may be the fist one on the forum to drive around in one.
Lets hope it doesn't get held up in transit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update!

I got my Saturday update email and it stated no progress (still in 'order transmitted), so I was getting pretty bummed. An hour later my dealer called me to say my Bolt had completed assembly and was ready for shipment. It should be arriving "mid to late December" as part of Capitol Chevrolet's first Bolt shipment. Huzzah!

When I know more I'll update the post. :)
I got the same email from Capitol Chevrolet on Saturday... then I did an online chat with Chevrolet this morning (Monday). Chevrolet online chat is saying that my order status shows my car has been produced, but has not yet been shipped yet.

Maybe Capitol Chevrolet jumped the gun on that email? Still hoping to take delivery before year end.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe Chevy gave the dealership additional info? Like how long it'll take to ship the Bolts over and the exact day they'll start the journey. Hoping you guys get it before the end of the year, it'll be a great Holiday gift to yourself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Chevy controls when the first retail customer deliveries from dealerships occur. They could then stage some number of vehicles at select dealerships (hidden in the back) and only allow deliveries starting on a certain date.

·
Super Moderator
2,548 Posts
$1000 off MSRP at Rydell Chevy on a 43.5k Premier Bolt.
Is currently either waiting to get on a train in Ohio, or is already on it!
This sounds like a car that the dealer ordered to be general inventory and not a special order by you. Is that right? I'm curious because I'm wondering if anybody is discounting a retail order and not just off the lot?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since the cars are being "allocated" to the dealers, an average Joe is not able to place a direct order yet as I understand.

Most of our local dealers placed orders trying to meet different needs, and then took deposits on specific/already placed orders. There was one dealership who asked clients to come to the dealership and configure their car(I assume that would then be placed on one of the allotment slots).

Another local dealer says that they are not taking deposits for specifically allotted cars, just a list of first come, first served(as long as you are a long time Chevy owner, multi car purchaser from them or a current leasee from them.

One sales guy said he does not take a deposit since there is no paperwork, and without a signed contract, nothing is binding, so did not want to deal with someone else selling a car that someone else had 'reserved"

It is kinda like the wild west! Best of luck to all.

·
Super Moderator
2,028 Posts
This sounds like a car that the dealer ordered to be general inventory and not a special order by you. Is that right? I'm curious because I'm wondering if anybody is discounting a retail order and not just off the lot?
Yep, dealer order I snagged!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
as I understand it's really up to the dealer .. some rather predict what market wants and place orders for their inventory, and let customers on the 'wait list' to come 'pick' from those orders, while some dealers (one I encountered), willing to let me do custom order with one of their allocations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So has anyone gotten updates on their 'Costco Pricing" Orders?

I filled out the forms, and was sent to a dealership hours away, who said, yep, we honor Costco Pricing, but will not have any for months.

The several local dealerships said that while they offer Costco Pricing, it was not yet available on the Bolt, due to the Demand. The Volt comes with the GiftCard for the rest of the year.

When filling out the Costco Auto form for the Volt, I was presented with several Zip Codes of dealers which participate.

41 - 60 of 658 Posts
About this Discussion
657 Replies
281 Participants
p7wang
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing