Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

621 - 640 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This most likely includes the standard state rebate (which is $2500). The other $2500 is income based.

I spammed a bunch of Oregon dealers asking for their best price on any trim/color in stock. Best offer I got back so far is
2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 4dr Wagon Price after rebates and discounts 9-06-19
Dealer Price:$25.777​

Seems pretty darn good to me. That's about $17,700 if I can work the subsidies right, including tax and fees.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
This most likely includes the standard state rebate (which is $2500). The other $2500 is income based.
Yes, I followed up and it does include the $2,500 Oregon rebate. He indicated that wasn't the lowest they could do, as he wanted me to get back to him if I found a better deal elsewhere. Time to pin these dealers against each other.

My preference is the Bolt due to range, battery reliability, and pep, but I'd get a Leaf if the price was significantly less.

I paid 25k, with MSRP at 38k I think. I pinned two dealerships against each other to get my price.
Did that include any state/federal incentives, or only manufacturer/dealer? I basically won't be happy unless I get that price from the dealer/manufacturer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I spammed a bunch of Oregon dealers asking for their best price on any trim/color in stock. Best offer I got back so far is
2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 4dr Wagon Price after rebates and discounts 9-06-19
Dealer Price:$25.777​

Seems pretty darn good to me. That's about $17,700 if I can work the subsidies right, including tax and fees.
Is that $25,777 dealer price for a basic LT with no options at all added and without taxes/fees?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the 2019 LT version with DC fast charging and window tinting for 27.8k in Houston.

In Austin the same model in blue is 26.6k.

Looks like there will be some great deals on new Bolt’s this month.

Cheers,

Timo

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Is that $25,777 dealer price for a basic LT with no options at all added and without taxes/fees?
It includes $2,500 Oregon incentive, so real price offered is 28,277 and does not include about $700 in state fees. Oregon had no tax until last year. It is now 0.5% of purchase price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since the 2020 MSRP isn’t changing much, what are the guesses as to if they’ll adjust the 2021 MSRP so they aren’t giving $12000 off via dealer discounts/incentives/rebates?

·
Registered
251 Posts
When the Fed Tax Credit initially got cut to half, Chevy says they did not want to adjust the MSRP... they want to keep the MSRP and just offer mfg and dealer incentives. For some of us, that's bad news because sales tax and vehicle registration are based on "sales price" which is before the incentives. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just seems like it would smarter from a marketing standpoint, something like “Lowest MSRP for a EV with 250+ miles of range” or something similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a new Bolt LT2019 for just over $26k OTD (including Chevy rebate, taxes, tags, title, fees, and sales tax 6%) on a $39790 MSRP (Comfort, DC fast, Confidence and Confidence II)
at Ourisman in Baltimore worked with an easy-going, honest salesman, Muhammand Khan. When you subtract another $3750 Fed and $1500 state that's about $21K how could I say no to that deal. Worth the 2 hour trip to Baltimore. 300 miles so far at 4.5miles/KWh FYI at 280lbs I think the front seats are fine, if anything the overall ride is a bit firm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, great deal. Did you get any additional incentives above the standard $6500 bonus cash from GM?

Just bought a new Bolt LT2019 for just over $26k OTD (including Chevy rebate, taxes, tags, title, fees, and sales tax 6%) on a $39790 MSRP (Comfort, DC fast, Confidence and Confidence II)
at Ourisman in Baltimore worked with an easy-going, honest salesman, Muhammand Khan. When you subtract another $3750 Fed and $1500 state that's about $21K how could I say no to that deal. Worth the 2 hour trip to Baltimore. 300 miles so far at 4.5miles/KWh FYI at 280lbs I think the front seats are fine, if anything the overall ride is a bit firm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you local to them or from out of state? I tried to work with them over email to make sure the prices they quote aren’t fictitious and they wouldn’t deal via email.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I, too, had little luck last December dealing with Ourisman in Rockville. Their quoted prices are quite good, but they also roll in a ton of incentives to get the price down. The $26k quoted above is the first time I've seen anything showing a truly good deal from Ourisman.

I personally was hoping to get $28k OTD on an LT with Comfort, DCFC and Driver 1 with no extra incentives beyond $6500 bonus cash.. $26k is getting into unreal territory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you local to them or from out of state? I tried to work with them over email to make sure the prices they quote aren’t fictitious and they wouldn’t deal via email.
Out of state. We communicated via cell, voicemail (during work I'm away from my cell) text, and some email each time the number was revised a little downward a $100-$200 because outside MD my tag and title is less. Finally settle on the exact VIN on Thursday he got me the amount (lowest of them all) for the cashier's check I brought with me on Saturday. Debbie in finance was friendly and efficient (no pressure) explained and offered the standard extended warranties that I declined. Went for test drive, did the paper work, review all the tech features e.g. OnStar etc (went back to Parts/Service manager to check if they had a HHR 2007 manual for my friend who drove me down) out the door in about 3 hours no stress. Battery was charged to 80% as I asked 2 hours later I was home nice ride.
I known we all like written numbers but I think dealers feel they are just going to get beaten into the ground on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm shocked you were able to get it so low. What was your actual out the door price before your home state taxes are factored in? You said 6% sales tax so I am assuming you were around $25k pretax. If you don't mind sharing. Since I'm from out of state as well and will need to pay taxes when registered, not at the time of sale, I am trying to work a deal without factoring the tax into it.
Out of state. We communicated via cell, voicemail (during work I'm away from my cell) text, and some email each time the number was revised a little downward a $100-$200 because outside MD my tag and title is less. Finally settle on the exact VIN on Thursday he got me the amount (lowest of them all) for the cashier's check I brought with me on Saturday. Debbie in finance was friendly and efficient (no pressure) explained and offered the standard extended warranties that I declined. Went for test drive, did the paper work, review all the tech features e.g. OnStar etc (went back to Parts/Service manager to check if they had a HHR 2007 manual for my friend who drove me down) out the door in about 3 hours no stress. Battery was charged to 80% as I asked 2 hours later I was home nice ride.
I known we all like written numbers but I think dealers feel they are just going to get beaten into the ground on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have numbers with me but I think the 6% sales tax was $1400-$1500
I might be wrong but I think out-of-state purchases require the dealer to collect and remit to the state of registration now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I honestly have never purchased out of state, but my freind just bought a new truck last month in Ohio and had to pay PA sales tax on it when he registered it at home. No sales tax was paid at time of purchase or paid to the selling state.

I don't have numbers with me but I think the 6% sales tax was $1400-$1500
I might be wrong but I think out-of-state purchases require the dealer to collect and remit to the state of registration now.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've tried to arrange out of state purchases for other vehicles, but they had all required to pay their state tax unless the vehicle is transported out of state with a Bill of Lading at the time of sale, meaning you can't just transport it out yourself. My schemes involved shipping the car just across the border and then taking it from there to save on shipping costs, but the bulk of the cost is just picking up the vehicle in the first place. It ends up being cheaper and less headache to simply negotiate a deal locally. I was only considering an out of state purchase because the (used) car I was looking for was hard to find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, you can get a temporary tag for transport home. I did once sell a vehicle to someone from out of state and the tag shop did the title transfer and got him a temperary registration tag purely for transport. I think it was good for a month or so. You need to get the vehicle registered in your home state before that expires.

I've tried to arrange out of state purchases for other vehicles, but they had all required to pay their state tax unless the vehicle is transported out of state with a Bill of Lading at the time of sale, meaning you can't just transport it out yourself. My schemes involved shipping the car just across the border and then taking it from there to save on shipping costs, but the bulk of the cost is just picking up the vehicle in the first place. It ends up being cheaper and less headache to simply negotiate a deal locally. I was only considering an out of state purchase because the (used) car I was looking for was hard to find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it depends on the state. My parents bought a Bolt from Weber Chevrolet in Missouri. They did not charge sales tax. When dealing with Phillips Chevrolet in IL, they seemed adamant about collecting sales tax. My parents preferred paying tax directly to the county clerk instead of to the dealer. There would be no delay in getting the tag and paperwork, and there would be zero markup.

Recently, a sales manager at Koons Chevrolet said they cannot make money off tax, title, and license. He stated any amount paid over actual would be refunded. That was his claim.

621 - 640 of 678 Posts
About this Discussion
677 Replies
286 Participants
billfan
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing