Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

641 - 660 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'v
I think it depends on the state. My parents bought a Bolt from Weber Chevrolet in Missouri. They did not charge sales tax. When dealing with Phillips Chevrolet in IL, they seemed adamant about collecting sales tax. My parents preferred paying tax directly to the county clerk instead of to the dealer. There would be no delay in getting the tag and paperwork, and there would be zero markup.

Recently, a sales manager at Koons Chevrolet said they cannot make money off tax, title, and license. He stated any amount paid over actual would be refunded. That was his claim.
I have heard stories of buyers writing a separate check out to a "state dept of revenue" for the taxes and handing it to the dealer. I didn't think that was ever necessary with Ourisman. FYI I did get good prices from Koons in MD that were very close to Ourisman... I just liked working with Muhammad at Ourisman.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well CA is a whole different animal when it comes to vehicle laws. Kinda wild how different states do it all different. Although I’m not surprised.

Well I've only tried CA and AZ I think. Other states might let you purchase without paying their tax. CA and AZ at least make you provide a bill of lading with a transport company showing it being delivered out of state.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking to join the EV community with a new Bolt!

Anyone able to get a Premier (DC fast charging, Informtainment and Confidence II) for < $31.5K before tax and fees or a LT (DC fast charging, Confidence I&II, Comfort and Convenience) < $27.5K before tax and fees with a Southern California dealership? Appreciate your comments!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Just saw in Houston, the 2019 bolts with DC fast charging has a price drop to below $26.5k. This is the advertised price, so maybe even possible to get a lower price than that. With federal rebate and state rebate, you can probably get to around $20k plus taxes and title.

Cheers,

Timo

·
Registered
1 Posts

Anyone able to get a Premier (DC fast charging, Informtainment and Confidence II) for < $31.5K before tax and fees or a LT (DC fast charging, Confidence I&II, Comfort and Convenience) < $27.5K before tax and fees with a Southern California dealership? Appreciate your comments!
Penske Chevy in Cerritos did $30,700 for a Premier with both packages and DC fast charging during the Labor Day sale week. Appears their posted prices have gone up since.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I'm watching this Chevy dealer in Escondido, CA (north of San Diego) showing Bolt Premiers fully loaded for $30K currently:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm watching this Chevy dealer in Escondido, CA (north of San Diego) showing Bolt Premiers fully loaded for $30K currently:
Thanks for the link. I see they also provide a free lifetime oil change. :LOL:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for the info! Spoke with Escondido. $30.5k is available to people currently leasing or owning a chevy only.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That just means losing $1,500 in incentives... so effectively $32K + tax + doc fee OTD?
They show a $5,820 "manager's discount" in addition to the $6500 Chevy incentives. But its that manager's discount that appears to have all the restrictions. Other chevy dealers in the area only show about a $1500 dealer discount plus the $6500 incentives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a Premier from Marci Adishian at Camino Real Chevrolet. I finalized the deal on Monday and it is being delivered to me next Tuesday. I live in Las Vegas so she is very familiar doing out of state deals. I bought my 2017 Volt from her as well. She will quote with all available rebates for your area along with a great discount, and she doesn't add bs dealer upgrades and fees. Email her at [email protected].

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in the process of buying a Premier in MA. I talked to few dealers and the best I could negotiate is $11k off MSRP before taxes and fees. This includes GM financing.

When you guys are comparing quotes keep in mind that dealers like to quote all discounts (to get you at the door), but very few folks qualify for all of them (ie $2000 for a trade in, competitive lease, GM card points, etc). In reality there is $500 holdback on the car and that is the only money that are on the table after all applicable rebates are factored in. Anything on top of that is loss for the dealer and they are not going to do it now since any leftover 19s will be sponsored by GM (ie factory to dealer rebates) in Nov- Dec.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anything on top of that is loss for the dealer and they are not going to do it now since any leftover 19s will be sponsored by GM (ie factory to dealer rebates) in Nov- Dec.
How do you explain $26k OTD for the Bolt LT from Ourisman Chevrolet?

Also, Chevrolet Bonus Cash went up from $5500 last month to $6500, currently. I did notice some states had a regional bonus cash (ZEV states?) of $1000 last month. Now, I don't see that listed. Perhaps regional $1000 bonus is gone and all 50 states get $6500 off???

Last December, we pushed hard to get a Bolt LT while the $7500 tax credit was guaranteed. In January, it turns out the credit was valid for one extra quarter, yet Bolt sale prices plummeted. In December, Phillips Chevrolet was at $35k (plus tax, title, license, but no conditional incentives). Less than two months later, those cars were discounted to $29k (with $7500 credit still in play). So, the obvious question is what happens after Sept 1. The federal credit halves, yet again. If the 2019s are gone, then prices won't be discounted, but if a lot of 2019s remain, perhaps fire sale prices. Who knows? Glad I already have an EV, but Bolt prices are awfully tempting.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I read elsewhere that there is additional mfg bonus for the dealer for selling X # of cars, so they may be taking a loss on your car, they make it up on other sales plus the mfg bonus... I'd sayas ong as you're happy with the price, it's a win. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my Premier yesterday. 11500 off msrp before fed and state rebates. I talked to few dealers and they all seemed to offer that much off (I am in MA). So I bought from my nearest dealer since they offer free 3-4kw charging to all customers.

641 - 660 of 699 Posts