Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

741 - 760 of 787 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2020 Cayenne Orange Premier was $14k off sticker. $44130 (including DCFC, Infotainment, DC2, paint charge) for $30130. OTD price $~31.5K with all taxes & fees.

Same dealer has a slate gray LT, DCFC, C&C, DC, DC2 for $25.8k before taxes/fees.

I'm in Alabama

·
Registered
31 Posts
I leased mine. Oasis Blue 2020 Bolt LT with an MSRP of $39875. Got 10.9% off MSRP before incentives, selling price of $35,500 before the $6,750 in lease cash and $1,500 Bolt/Volt lease loyalty. I did a 36 month, 10k mile a year One Pay lease in New Jersey for approximately $7,200 out the door, zero sales tax in NJ. I used approximately $1,600 in GM Buypower rewards to bring the total down to $5,624.00. Once I get my $5,000 dollar rebate check from New Jersey I'll be at a total of about $624.00 for the 3 year lease!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Please LIST THE STATE you bought it in.
Saying how much you paid means diddly if it is in CA and I am in FL.........

·
Registered
568 Posts
Please LIST THE STATE you bought it in.
Saying how much you paid means diddly if it is in CA and I am in FL.........
You're in an EV rebate wasteland in Florida. There are a handful of local rebates from utilities and municipalities but little else.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Anyone buy in the last month ?
Here in MA a dealer seems to advertise GM $8500 and Dealer $5000 off. We also have a Drive Green group Buy that offers $13000 at that same dealer. This is a negotiated price (not sure what kick the dealer gets other then selling lots, which they do) But I have to wonder if you could get that deal WITH the $8500 from GM customer cash

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought on 3/31. Got the $8500 plus dealer discounts. Are you saying you might get $8500 + $5000 + $13000 ?? That would be insane!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bought on 3/31. Got the $8500 plus dealer discounts. Are you saying you might get $8500 + $5000 + $13000 ?? That would be insane!
You bought a 2019 correct?
That is what I am trying to find out today. The Group Buy is here (Drive Green | Sign-up for Deals) This is a $13000 discount predetermined. BUT if GM is giving a $8500 cash to customers then I should at least be able to get that as it would come straight to me (at buying process, so no not cash cash lol)
Otherwise their 8,500 & 5,000 would be a slightly better deal.

So I am emailing the Group buy Green people to see how that might all work. not sure if they can help but I asked how they got them to agree to the $13000 off.
This is a great dealer to deal with, I bought my '17 from them

·
Registered
739 Posts
After emailing the Green people, it is the rebates and dealer discounts they are willing to give.
So it is $500 less then the dealer is offering right now

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
As has been mentioned, "Your results may vary."

Reading of these miracles of getting paid to drive a new Bolt, I just checked again with my dealer here in Spokane. Their bottom line on LTs are $29,000 and Premier is $34,000, plus tax, license, document and associated small indignities. They'd give me approximately $21,000 for my 13Kmi Premier, so it would cost me about $15,000 net to trade for a 2020.

jack vines

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michigan here.
Got a lease offer on a Bolt and would like your guys thoughts.
$850 down.
$340 per month for 36 months and 15K miles.

I honestly don't need a new car right now but am sick of using Gas in Gen2 Volt.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Michigan here.
$850 down.

I honestly don't need a new car right now but am sick of using Gas in Gen2 Volt.
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your Bolt lease.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I probably answered this previously, but, got my 2020 Bolt Premier in January. As with others here, I had no NEED for a new car. I came across an LT " buyback " with under 100 miles on it
back around Thanksgiving. It was $25K. Since the 2017s I was seeing for sale weren't much cheaper, I started doing some research. This is when I started seeing the $13,500 OFF of list.
Unfortunately, since I didn't have a Hopscotch scholarship to Harvard, I didn't qualify for almost any of the discounts. I checked multiple dealerships in AZ, CA, OR, WA and NV. No Luck
There is a Chevrolet dealership that I pass often and they always have cars, trucks and SUVs with $5000, $10,000, $15,000 OFF and more. Volts and Bolts were always LIST PLUS.
Pretty much stopped looking. Kept getting emails from people I had contacted and ended up contacting one the middle of January. Since they were now in the final quarter of tax incentive,
they finally seemed like they were willing to deal. I inquired about the incentives and was told that I would get them all.Dealerships here in Vegas were down to mid 30s. California and Arizona
were high 20s to Low 30s. Found a Premier that I liked at Auto Nation Chevrolet in Gilbert AZ. The new for 2020 Light Blue. Called, asked specifics and was given a price. Asked about trade in on
my 2017 Volt and was given a good trade value. I drove down to Phoenix in my Volt. On the way there, I noticed another one on their site that was a little higher, called to see what the difference
was and was told that it had the 2nd safety package. Told them that was the package that I really wanted, no problem, they switched the numbers on paperwork and charged up the other one.
When I arrived, I signed the papers, Gave them the title to my Volt, put a few thousand on my Discover card and drove away owing exactly $10,000. Plus, I will still get $1850(?) tax credit. The only
price change was the $399 that they wanted for window tint. I said that I wouldn't be driving back to Phoenix for the tint, so they deducted it from the price. I believe that the total was right at $30,000.
Was thinking that I could have sold the Volt for a little more, but was worth the time savings to just give it to them. With what is going on in the world, I am glad that I did. When I got home,
I looked at selling my 2016 Focus Electric. Accepted an offer from a local dealer for a little over $10,000. They had it up for sale for $16,000 the next day. Recently looked on their site and it seems
as though they still have it. They have it for sale at around what they paid me for it. Total Vehicle Price on Window Sticker was $44,350. So saved around $15,000

·
Registered
346 Posts
Michigan here.
$850 down.

So basically $13k for 3 years and 45,000 miles. (and remember, chevy is giving $8,500 rebate to the dealers too; so they are making $21,500 off your lease)
1. what are the specs on it? LT or Premier?
2. might you buy at the end of the lease? if you might, what is the residual value on the contract?
3. with all the incentives that were out in Q1 from Chevy, i have heard of better leases obtained, but I really don't know what is realistic at this point.

I understand why a lot of people like to lease; but with the incentives out there, if your idea is to purchase at the end of it, you can probably get a better deal just buying it outright. I see Premiers for $31k-$32k and LT's for $27k-$28k after basic incentives.
I would think dealers are desperate right now and willing to move off their price; But without going through it I have no idea of course.

741 - 760 of 787 Posts