Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

761 - 765 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
So basically $13k for 3 years and 45,000 miles. (and remember, chevy is giving $8,500 rebate to the dealers too; so they are making $21,500 off your lease)
1. what are the specs on it? LT or Premier?
2. might you buy at the end of the lease? if you might, what is the residual value on the contract?
3. with all the incentives that were out in Q1 from Chevy, i have heard of better leases obtained, but I really don't know what is realistic at this point.

I understand why a lot of people like to lease; but with the incentives out there, if your idea is to purchase at the end of it, you can probably get a better deal just buying it outright. I see Premiers for $31k-$32k and LT's for $27k-$28k after basic incentives.
I would think dealers are desperate right now and willing to move off their price; But without going through it I have no idea of course.
The rebate is only $6,750 on a lease. This is something to consider, purchase with cash or traditional financing - is $8,500 presently. If you try their smoke/mirror 0% for 72 months, your rebate drops to $4,500.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Michigan here.
Got a lease offer on a Bolt and would like your guys thoughts.
$850 down.
$340 per month for 36 months and 15K miles.

I honestly don't need a new car right now but am sick of using Gas in Gen2 Volt.
I've never leased a vehicle before (I always buy outright-new and drive to 222,222 miles minimum), but even if I did lease, I don't like those numbers. $4080/year? Sounds high to me. I'm currently at $183/month on my 2011 Equinox. If a salesman said to me "I can get you in a 3-year lease on a 2020 Bolt LT for, say ... $225/month", I might go for that. With the fixed charging range, it might actually make more sense to lease an EV .. at least until the range increases to twice what it is now.

And weren't some people in New Jersey closing Bolt lease deals for something like $150/month recently ??? Was that due to some special incentives in NJ only ???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not quite apples to apples, but early this year someone local to me got this:
only 10k miles and it appears he had some GM Card rebates, but it is something to work from to understand what is possible. (I have no clue how much the jump from 10,000 miles to 15,000 is worth monetarily to be able to compare offers)
GOOD LUCK!

Rolling off a 2014 Nissan Leaf lease, I just came home yesterday afternoon with a brand new 2020 Bolt Premier via 3 year lease. Not the most beautiful car in the world IMHO, but the technology is impressive and this will be a great 2nd commuter car for my family/situation. Upon my initial review, it's a bit like a poor man's Tesla with Infotainment Package & DC Fast Charging.

I started my negotiations with multiple Atlanta area dealerships via phone & email based on $500 Out the Door and same term (3 years/10k miles per year). Some of the incentives I believe I qualified for are Customer Cash ($8000) Non GM Lease ($500), GM Card ($1000) plus my own GM Card Earnings rebate ($1116.80).

When it was all said and done, I put $500 total down to walk out the door and got $166/month lease rate for the next 35 months. So my total cost of a 3 year lease on a brand new loaded 2020 Bolt is $6,310.

Coming from a basic no frills 2014 Leaf Model S to a new loaded 2020 Bolt Premier is like standard definition TV vs HD. (Or more like the scene in Wizard of Oz when the movie goes from B&W to Color!) Seems a bit roomer in the cabin compared to the older Leaf too. Going from ~ 75 miles of EV range (2014 Leaf) to ~ 250 miles of range (2020 Bolt) is fantastic.

Can't wait to start playing with the car features and I'm sure I'll have more questions. The Leaf is headed back to Nissan later today!!

P.S. Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So basically $13k for 3 years and 45,000 miles. (and remember, chevy is giving $8,500 rebate to the dealers too; so they are making $21,500 off your lease)
1. what are the specs on it? LT or Premier?
2. might you buy at the end of the lease? if you might, what is the residual value on the contract?
3. with all the incentives that were out in Q1 from Chevy, i have heard of better leases obtained, but I really don't know what is realistic at this point.

I understand why a lot of people like to lease; but with the incentives out there, if your idea is to purchase at the end of it, you can probably get a better deal just buying it outright. I see Premiers for $31k-$32k and LT's for $27k-$28k after basic incentives.
I would think dealers are desperate right now and willing to move off their price; But without going through it I have no idea of course.
Sorry for the late reply.
1) LT Bolt
2) Nope not purchasing, I would like to buy a used Bolt but I try NEVER to buy 1st model year. Also expecting other used EV's to be more plentiful and the price to drop on used Bolts more than expected.
3) Probably going to wait until next month and see if things are any better.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt built June 10th. 66kWh battery?
23 Posts
On August 28th 2019, in Anchorage Alaska, where everything is more expensive, I paid $31,992 for an 2019 LT with a extended service contract ($1713- 84 months/100,000 $200 deductible/visit), DCFC, Comfort and Convenience Package (auto-dimming inside mirror, driver and front passenger heated eats, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel). Driver Confidence Package (Rear park assist, Rear cross-traffic alert, Lane change alert) and Driver Confidecne Package II (intellibeam headlights, following distance indicator, forward collision alert, lane keep assist, low speed forward automatic braking, front pedestrian braking), Black bowties, and false cargo floor. Sticker Price: $40,005.00

761 - 765 of 765 Posts