Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

761 - 780 of 787 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
So basically $13k for 3 years and 45,000 miles. (and remember, chevy is giving $8,500 rebate to the dealers too; so they are making $21,500 off your lease)
1. what are the specs on it? LT or Premier?
2. might you buy at the end of the lease? if you might, what is the residual value on the contract?
3. with all the incentives that were out in Q1 from Chevy, i have heard of better leases obtained, but I really don't know what is realistic at this point.

I understand why a lot of people like to lease; but with the incentives out there, if your idea is to purchase at the end of it, you can probably get a better deal just buying it outright. I see Premiers for $31k-$32k and LT's for $27k-$28k after basic incentives.
I would think dealers are desperate right now and willing to move off their price; But without going through it I have no idea of course.
The rebate is only $6,750 on a lease. This is something to consider, purchase with cash or traditional financing - is $8,500 presently. If you try their smoke/mirror 0% for 72 months, your rebate drops to $4,500.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Michigan here.
Got a lease offer on a Bolt and would like your guys thoughts.
$850 down.
$340 per month for 36 months and 15K miles.

I honestly don't need a new car right now but am sick of using Gas in Gen2 Volt.
I've never leased a vehicle before (I always buy outright-new and drive to 222,222 miles minimum), but even if I did lease, I don't like those numbers. $4080/year? Sounds high to me. I'm currently at $183/month on my 2011 Equinox. If a salesman said to me "I can get you in a 3-year lease on a 2020 Bolt LT for, say ... $225/month", I might go for that. With the fixed charging range, it might actually make more sense to lease an EV .. at least until the range increases to twice what it is now.

And weren't some people in New Jersey closing Bolt lease deals for something like $150/month recently ??? Was that due to some special incentives in NJ only ???

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not quite apples to apples, but early this year someone local to me got this:
only 10k miles and it appears he had some GM Card rebates, but it is something to work from to understand what is possible. (I have no clue how much the jump from 10,000 miles to 15,000 is worth monetarily to be able to compare offers)
GOOD LUCK!

Rolling off a 2014 Nissan Leaf lease, I just came home yesterday afternoon with a brand new 2020 Bolt Premier via 3 year lease. Not the most beautiful car in the world IMHO, but the technology is impressive and this will be a great 2nd commuter car for my family/situation. Upon my initial review, it's a bit like a poor man's Tesla with Infotainment Package & DC Fast Charging.

I started my negotiations with multiple Atlanta area dealerships via phone & email based on $500 Out the Door and same term (3 years/10k miles per year). Some of the incentives I believe I qualified for are Customer Cash ($8000) Non GM Lease ($500), GM Card ($1000) plus my own GM Card Earnings rebate ($1116.80).

When it was all said and done, I put $500 total down to walk out the door and got $166/month lease rate for the next 35 months. So my total cost of a 3 year lease on a brand new loaded 2020 Bolt is $6,310.

Coming from a basic no frills 2014 Leaf Model S to a new loaded 2020 Bolt Premier is like standard definition TV vs HD. (Or more like the scene in Wizard of Oz when the movie goes from B&W to Color!) Seems a bit roomer in the cabin compared to the older Leaf too. Going from ~ 75 miles of EV range (2014 Leaf) to ~ 250 miles of range (2020 Bolt) is fantastic.

Can't wait to start playing with the car features and I'm sure I'll have more questions. The Leaf is headed back to Nissan later today!!

P.S. Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So basically $13k for 3 years and 45,000 miles. (and remember, chevy is giving $8,500 rebate to the dealers too; so they are making $21,500 off your lease)
1. what are the specs on it? LT or Premier?
2. might you buy at the end of the lease? if you might, what is the residual value on the contract?
3. with all the incentives that were out in Q1 from Chevy, i have heard of better leases obtained, but I really don't know what is realistic at this point.

I understand why a lot of people like to lease; but with the incentives out there, if your idea is to purchase at the end of it, you can probably get a better deal just buying it outright. I see Premiers for $31k-$32k and LT's for $27k-$28k after basic incentives.
I would think dealers are desperate right now and willing to move off their price; But without going through it I have no idea of course.
Sorry for the late reply.
1) LT Bolt
2) Nope not purchasing, I would like to buy a used Bolt but I try NEVER to buy 1st model year. Also expecting other used EV's to be more plentiful and the price to drop on used Bolts more than expected.
3) Probably going to wait until next month and see if things are any better.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt built June 10th. 66kWh battery?
52 Posts
On August 28th 2019, in Anchorage Alaska, where everything is more expensive, I paid $31,992 for an 2019 LT with a extended service contract ($1713- 84 months/100,000 $200 deductible/visit), DCFC, Comfort and Convenience Package (auto-dimming inside mirror, driver and front passenger heated eats, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel). Driver Confidence Package (Rear park assist, Rear cross-traffic alert, Lane change alert) and Driver Confidecne Package II (intellibeam headlights, following distance indicator, forward collision alert, lane keep assist, low speed forward automatic braking, front pedestrian braking), Black bowties, and false cargo floor. Sticker Price: $40,005.00

·
Registered
16 Posts
In January, I paid ~33k for a 2020 Bolt Premier (Slate Grey). With the $3750 fed and $2500 CA rebates, that brings the total price down to ~26k for a brand new, loaded Premier. over 7500 of my ~8000 miles have been solar powered miles. Love this car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid $12k before taxes after state incentives CA Confidence 2. QC and heated seats LT.
MSRP 39,700
Rebate 8500
Dealer discount 5k
sale price 26

state 4.5k
city 4k
PGE $800

I sold my spark EV I got for free for 7k bringing cost to 4k, I used coronacash for free ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just leased another Bolt yesterday. A Premier this time with a $43,735 MSRP. Got $4,585 off sticker from the dealership, plus $6,750 in lease cash, $3,000 from Costco, $1,500 for loyalty. I paid for it using $640 dollars in GM credit card reward points and the rest is being covered by a $5,000 rebate check from the state of New Jersey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just leased another Bolt yesterday. A Premier this time with a $43,735 MSRP. Got $4,585 off sticker from the dealership, plus $6,750 in lease cash, $3,000 from Costco, $1,500 for loyalty. I paid for it using $640 dollars in GM credit card reward points and the rest is being covered by a $5,000 rebate check from the state of New Jersey.
How much is your monthly lease amount (before taxes) after all these discounts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much is your monthly lease amount (before taxes) after all these discounts?
NJ pays zero sales tax on electric vehicles. My total cost out the door was $5,618 dollars. I did a One Pay lease, paid up front in advance. That translates to about $165 a month, true zero down, zero due at signing if you were doing the exact same deal monthly. I paid for this in part with $640 dollars worth of GM Buypower reward points and I am getting a $5,000 dollar check from the state of New Jersey. After everything my total cost was negative 28 dollars for the lease.

·
Registered
8 Posts
NJ pays zero sales tax on electric vehicles. My total cost out the door was $5,618 dollars. I did a One Pay lease, paid up front in advance. That translates to about $165 a month, true zero down, zero due at signing if you were doing the exact same deal monthly. I paid for this in part with $640 dollars worth of GM Buypower reward points and I am getting a $5,000 dollar check from the state of New Jersey. After everything my total cost was negative 28 dollars for the lease.
Sorry for not getting it the first time, that is an awesome deal ! congrats

·
Registered
279 Posts
Even $165/month is an excellent lease number. I bought my Equinox LT (V6) brand new in 2011 for $20,700 OTD (after all discounts and taxes). It’ll be 10 years old in January. That works out to $172.50/month ... but it took 10 years to get there. Of course, even at 150,000 miles now, there’s still some equity left in it, so I guess I’m actually already lower than $172.50/month (kbb says $3k trade-in, $6k Private)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Local dealer advertising LT lease deal at $118/ month. Stickers at $38,800.

Fine print, $1k down, NYS pays $2k, + first payment, tax, dmv, +$650 acquisition, total of payments $4,248, 10k miles/year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can confirm I received a similar deal in MA on a lease. It wasn't a Premier, but has fast charging. Got it for $2k down and $155/mo. 12,000 miles. MA rebate will bring the cost down an additional $2.5k. Had costco, dealer cash, and a supplier discount (only a few hundred $s). I had no loyalty, GM credit card reward points, and $2500 difference between MA and NJ make up the difference (although you got the premier and me the LT, with 12k miles on the upside though).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Texas (Houston) - just bought a loaded Bolt Premier for $30k OTD. MSRP was $44,445 ($46,142) with dealer add-ons. Sales MSRP was $27,840. It's a combination of supplier pricing/$8.5k manufacturer discount/$3k Costco discount/$leftover dealer discount. Texas gets a $2.5k EV rebate through the end of the year, so it'll be $25,340 out of pocket after everything for a Premier :)

It has:
  • Silver exterior/grey interior
  • DC Fast Charge
  • Infotainment
  • Driver Confidence II
  • Interior Protection Package (all-weather mats)
  • Black Bowtie Emblem
  • Aluminum Sill Plates
  • Wheel Locks
  • Cargo Net
  • Window Tint
  • + Misc. Dealer Protection Package for leather etc.
I test drove earlier this month and liked it; I sent emails to dealers within 200 miles and the lowest they could get back to me was $31k OTD. So I waited until a 3 days left in the month and sent an offer for $30k OTD. They said the best they could do was $30.8k and I didn't respond for a day, then they emailed me back and said they could use some employee pricing to get to $30k. They had bought from another dealer that couldn't sell it so it had nearly 300 miles from test drives. I said "YES" and signed that day. I financed the whole thing at 2.49% for 60 months and got "new vehicle replacement" added to my car insurance for $36/year (vs. GAP insurance).

Super happy with the deal. I was debating whether or not to wait until 2021 but I wanted a specific color and wasn't sure they'd have inventory at the end of the year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
1) LT Bolt
2) Nope not purchasing, I would like to buy a used Bolt but I try NEVER to buy 1st model year. Also expecting other used EV's to be more plentiful and the price to drop on used Bolts more than expected.
3) Probably going to wait until next month and see if things are any better.
totaly agree with the 2nd point, never liked buying something new, which wasn't ''tested'' on the roads

761 - 780 of 787 Posts