Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

How much will the Chevy Bolt cost?

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Roth33d 
#1 ·
The Chevy Bolt is going to cost around $30,000, well, kinda. See the $30,000 price tag is what the Chevy Bolt should cost after you take away government rebates and incentives.

Chevy's own press materials say:

"The Bolt EV concept is a game-changing electric vehicle designed for attainability, not exclusivity."

#10 ·
Hi New to the forum. I live in Montreal QC CANADA. I recently gave up my 2013 Chevy Volt . . . to which I loved very very much! however another has captured my eye and that is the Chevy BOLT
Volt had a gas engine as a back up my phobia is running out of energy when traveling about My main travel is city and i managed very very with the Volt especially in the spring, summer and fall.
Do think the BOLT will have the quick charge capacity like the Tesla

#13 ·
The concept Bolt didn't have it, but watch the video on the test Bolt EV that GM presented. There is a scene where the test driver plugs the Bolt EV into a DC charger, using the SAE J1772 DC Combo plug. The DC port on the Bolt EV is below the regular 5-pin AC port and has an orange cap cover, as required by the SAE for any high voltage wiring in EVs. So the Bolt EV will have the DC fast charging feature. This may not be compatible with the TM Superchargers, but the SAE standard has been approved by every American (GM and Ford) and most import EV manufacturers. Only some imports, such as the Nissan Leaf, use the Asian standard known as CHAdeMO. The SAE DC charger can supply over 60 kW, so a Bolt can recharge in minutes.

The first Bolt EV owners will have to use a Level 2 EVSE (240 VAC, 30 A, up to 6.6 kW) to charge their BEVs, but I know that many will use the Bolt EV mostly for short distances and can recharge overnight even with a Level 1 EVSE. As service stations become aware of the new BEV drivers, they will install new SAE J1772 Fast DC chargers to keep their customers who have switched from gasoline to electricity, and eventually gain new BEV drivers. Then every service station will have SAE DC chargers, and the Supercharger network will be only for TM cars.

Reactions: Shuto
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.