Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a way to disable the welcome screen from turning on and playing the BOLT EV chime and screen graphics? I'm annoyed by this because I often open my car to take things out and put things in throughout the day and it keeps coming on thinking I'm about to start the car and drive somewhere.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I've gotten in to the habit to only access the car through the passenger side door to avoid waking up the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
You can't avoid the screen logo, but you can get rid of the theme music. Turning off the screen music also gets rid of the beep that happens when you plug in the EVSE.

It has been awhile since I did it. It is one of the ridiculous number of things you can choose on/off in the infotainment screen settings. Over time I went in and have turned off almost all of the items where an option is given. No flashing lights, no horns, no chimes. A huge improvement.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I wonder if you could disable the driver's door open switch without screwing up anything important in terms of how the car operates? Obviously it would no longer apply the parking brake when you open the drivers door - that might actually be a bonus IMHO.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've gotten in to the habit to only access the car through the passenger side door to avoid waking up the vehicle.
I also do this because if I go in the drivers door it restarts my flash drive back to song # 1 and losses my place in the que.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I wonder if you could disable the driver's door open switch without screwing up anything important in terms of how the car operates? Obviously it would no longer apply the parking brake when you open the drivers door - that might actually be a bonus IMHO.
Out of curiosity I had a look for the driver's door switch and came up stumped. Does anyone have any idea how the car senses whether the door is closed or not?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I also do this because if I go in the drivers door it restarts my flash drive back to song # 1 and losses my place in the que.
10 years ago I had a el-cheap-o car stereo that always started on track 1, but it did remember shuffle mode. My solution was to make sure that I had a 2 second long silent MP3 as the first track. Two seconds of silence and the player would skip to a truly random song.

Also, FAT32 file system doesn't always sort the files the way you'd think, so there are utilities for that. http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Out of curiosity I had a look for the driver's door switch and came up stumped. Does anyone have any idea how the car senses whether the door is closed or not?
When I had the battery update done, the doors need to be closed for the programing to occur. The tech poked something in the door latch to flip it shut. He pocked it again to unlatch it after the update. This would indicate the switch is in the door.

·
Registered
624 Posts
under radio settings, turn off audio cues. that will get rid of the swoopy noise when you get in.

of course, sometimes it'll still randomly happen, because the software is buggy as ****. i'll occasionally get the 'don't take your eyes off the road' warning for 3 or 4 trips in a row, and then it doesn't show up for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.