1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,560 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Some of this info should just be stickied.
Indeed.

Sorry to go too off-topic, but IMHO other things that should be stickied (if they aren't already) include:
  • having to hold up/support EA's heavy CCS cables and handles until the plug's locked to the car
  • avoiding usage of EA's credit card readers/NFC
  • pointers to the associated documents at 2017 CHEVROLET BOLT 4 DR FWD (and their '18 and '19 counterparts). Too many people haven't at least skimmed the documents there and have been posting misinformation and/or asking questions already answered in them.

Reactions: NewsCoulomb

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Indeed.

Sorry to go too off-topic, but IMHO other things that should be stickied (if they aren't already) include:
  • having to hold up/support EA's heavy CCS cables and handles until the plug's locked to the car
  • avoiding usage of EA's credit card readers/NFC
  • pointers to the associated documents at 2017 CHEVROLET BOLT 4 DR FWD (and their '18 and '19 counterparts). Too many people haven't at least skimmed the documents there and have been posting misinformation and/or asking questions already answered in them.
The cord is an important point, but it is not only an issue with Electrify America. EA just happens to be the best disbursed, fastest public charging provider. However, a number of charging providers use those Huber+Suhner cables, including EVgo, EVolve NY, and Recargo.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The cord is an important point, but it is not only an issue with Electrify America. EA just happens to be the best disbursed, fastest public charging provider. However, a number of charging providers use those Huber+Suhner cables, including EVgo, EVolve NY, and Recargo.
I see. I think I've only encountered one EVgo charger (higher powered, of course) that used those crap heavy and stiff Huber+Suhner cables. The rest didn't, but they were lower powered ones.

But yes, it seems like EA uses those exclusively and they've been putting up a lot of sites.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
As others already said - the charging plug has orange cover and there is the "box" with two orange cables in the "engine" compartment.
I used the engine compartment picture to know for sure.
As long as you see it, it is easy to spot.
Also, you can try CARFAX or sometimes look for the "OEM Sticker" that should list DCFC as ad-on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure a lot of people will unknowingly buy earlier EV's that were made without Fast Charging because they are a little cheaper. Also because some salespeople won't know the difference between a fast charge port and a pack of picked peppers. It's just sad. Eventually all EV's will have DC Fast Charging as standard if they don't already.

·
Registered
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
299 Posts

I checked our Bolt with these sites. They got make, model, year, color, and standard features, but don't show the options, unless you pay for a registration check.

One way to check is that all premier models have the DC fast charging ad standard equipment
The LT model has to buy the DC fast charging
at least an $750 OPTION

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,560 Posts
One way to check is that all premier models have the DC fast charging ad standard equipment
The LT model has to buy the DC fast charging
at least an $750 OPTION
No. It was an option on both models.

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS
• Two trim levels available: LT and Premier
• EPA-estimated 238 miles of range on a full charge2
• Bolt EV’s drive system uses a single, high-capacity electric motor for propulsion
• The motor is capable of producing up to 266 lb.-ft. (360 Nm) of torque and 200 hp (150 kW)
of motoring power, enabling 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds
• Power delivery is controlled by Electronic Precision Shift system
• The Bolt EV's advanced 60 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack is made up of 288
individual cells
An available DC Fast Charging system enables the battery to be charged up to 90 miles of
range in 30 minutes (outside temperatures may affect charging time)3
• R

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
442 Posts
DCFC became standard on the Premier in model year 2021. I think that was about the only change from 2020.

·
Registered
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
299 Posts
No. It was an option on both models.

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS
• Two trim levels available: LT and Premier
• EPA-estimated 238 miles of range on a full charge2
• Bolt EV’s drive system uses a single, high-capacity electric motor for propulsion
• The motor is capable of producing up to 266 lb.-ft. (360 Nm) of torque and 200 hp (150 kW)
of motoring power, enabling 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds
• Power delivery is controlled by Electronic Precision Shift system
• The Bolt EV's advanced 60 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack is made up of 288
individual cells
An available DC Fast Charging system enables the battery to be charged up to 90 miles of
range in 30 minutes (outside temperatures may affect charging time)3
• R
I've got a 2021 Bolt premier
The DC fast charger was standard. I have it
All premier trims have it standard
My premier has available options that were available for the 2021 model year

·
Registered
2017 Premier, replaced battery, 1993 GMC 2500, 2022 MYLR, 2017 M235i
709 Posts
I've got a 2021 Bolt premier
My premier has available options that were available for the 2021 model year
I still have the Monroni sticker from my 2017 Premiere. The DCFC was a $750 option on the Premiere for that year.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
It is NOT standard on Premier trims or any trim of 2017 to 2019 Bolts. I have bought my '19 Premier new. It was a $750 option.

Brochure for '20 Bolt at https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/brochures/chevrolet/2020-boltev.pdf on page 14 DC FC capability as being available (optional) on both trims.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/che...evrolet-bolt-ev-changes-updates-new-features/ describes changes for model year 2021.

Cajun: This is at least the 4th time I've spotted wrong information from you. Wrong info like this can end up leading to very costly mistakes for someone.

I second GJETSON's post, esp. since the OP was posted in Jan 2021.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
^^^
True, AFAIK, but every respondent in this thread so far and the OP have an American flag next to them or is based in the US.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.