Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question

connected to L2 charger I turn on precondition. But only the wheel heater turns on

how do I set seat heater and cabin heater to turn On?

temperature 28F

TIA

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
connected to L2 charger I turn on precondition.
if you perform a remote start, I wouldn't think the car would turn the steering wheel heater on. Oh wait, my 2017 isn't automatic so may behave differently. But mine will automatically warm the car (in winter if the car's interior is cold) during a remote start regardless of my heat settings. Once I "start" the car (push the start button in the car), it will go back to my settings at last shutdown which might have the heater off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I RTFM and it says it will retain previously setting on HVAC. The problem here in the shoulders of winter in Maryland is that I could be leaving the car with outside 50, (HVAC off) and getting in the morning with temps in the 20’s

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too read the manual and I just turn on the HVAC system as I'm pulling into my garage and roll up the windows. Of all the things the Bolt lets you set for charge times, it would be cool if you could also set these values.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have Alexa in the house try the My GMC app. It’s the only way I seem to consistently get what I consider “normal” preconditioning.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I RTFM and it says it will retain previously setting on HVAC. The problem here in the shoulders of winter in Maryland is that I could be leaving the car with outside 50, (HVAC off) and getting in the morning with temps in the 20’s
My 2017 manual has the following which is a little ambiguous:
Use remote start to heat or cool the interior when the vehicle is plugged in to maximize electric range by utilizing electricity from the electrical outlet. Normal operation of the system will return after the vehicle has been turned on.
I bolded the part about it returning to normal operation. I've seen my Bolt on multiple occasions heat the interior even though I had the heat turned off. Likewise for cooling. Also interesting that the manual never mentions preconditioning. This term comes from the app that I've never used. Since there's no settings in the app, I've assumed that it works the same as the remote start that is described in the manual. Would be tragic that the app would behave differently if that's the case.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I don't think my 2019 heats the steering wheel, but it does turn on the seats. I precondition using Alexa, the FOB when I'm at work and sometimes I use the myChevy App.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nevertheless, that's how it works, so get used to it.

2019s do heat the steering wheel, but it is thermostatically controlled, so unless it is under 50F or so, you may not notice, and as it heats, it turns down the number of dots on the seat heater button, so you might not notice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A coworkers VW EV app allows setting of the temperature etc. now THAT would be nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts