Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't there before, at least not after the new car trial period for my 2022 Bolt, but has now shown up. I won't every want to use SiriusXM. How can I remove this? is it a Chevy task or SiriusXM task? It's not listed in my Favorites, and the Delete option doesn't seem to work for this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It wasn't there before, at least not after the new car trial period for my 2022 Bolt, but has now shown up. I won't every want to use SiriusXM. How can I remove this? is it a Chevy task or SiriusXM task? It's not listed in my Favorites, and the Delete option doesn't seem to work for this.
Can’t blame you. Literally the worst music selections and Stern has basically turned into Imus. It’s ok at best for news but not worth the $60 /yr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sirius cannot do that, that is OnStar. Completely different.
Buddy- its not.

My bolt was just stolen and not recovered. My onstar was disabled by the previous owner. When I called them- thinking they could help, they said there was 2 options- physically press the blue button OR if SiriusXM was enabled- they could locate it that way. Neither was the case.

I dont honestly care if you believe or not- i personally hate SiriusXM but I know what I know- because Ive lived it the last 3 weeks.

Im just trying to give helpful information.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Buddy- its not.

My bolt was just stolen and not recovered. My onstar was disabled by the previous owner. When I called them- thinking they could help, they said there was 2 options- physically press the blue button OR if SiriusXM was enabled- they could locate it that way. Neither was the case.

I dont honestly care if you believe or not- i personally hate SiriusXM but I know what I know- because Ive lived it the last 3 weeks.

Im just trying to give helpful information.
You have to have the Sirius XM Guardian Security package for that theft recovery service. I never had heard of that before. Must be fairly new. I never had it offered on any of my previous cars and I never activated Sirius on my Bolt, that is why I didn’t think it was able to do it.
sorry.
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Reactions: deanhatescoffee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In some frustration, I've now cancelled my Chevrolet App Access account for the car, which means I'll lose the apps I want (Pandora and the maps app), but, hopefully, SiriusXM as well. I'll check it our this afternoon and report back here.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
436 Posts
In some frustration, I've now cancelled my Chevrolet App Access account for the car, which means I'll lose the apps I want (Pandora and the maps app), but, hopefully, SiriusXM as well. I'll check it our this afternoon and report back here.
You can't remove the icon, but you can drag it to another screen. I have done that with several apps I don't use but can't remove. Like SXM and Apple CarPlay. Just touch, hold and drag to the right.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sirius cannot do that, that is OnStar. Completely different.
I was just removing SXM from my audio settings. I noticed one option that says "Allow SXM to track your location", or something like that. It was set to "on" (probably by default), and I turned it "off".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can't remove the icon, but you can drag it to another screen. I have done that with several apps I don't use but can't remove. Like SXM and Apple CarPlay. Just touch, hold and drag to the right.
So it seems. Even wtih the service plan cancelled, as I said I'd try in my previous post, the icon is still there can't be deleted, not by me anyway. Now I have this on the list for my next service call, whenever that winds up being. The rep I talked with claimed they could do it, but I'm not wildly hopeful.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would qualify it as a minor annoyance, but one that reminds me I don't exactly "own" my car, although the invoice indicates I do!
What about OnStar, Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay), Wi-Fi Hotspot, myChevrolet? I don't use any of those apps, and I don't think any of those icons can be deleted. I choose not to be annoyed by that. Life's too short.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts