Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm preparing the install the telescopic sun visors from the Volt and they come with vanity lights, I'd like to get them to work too, so I was planning on taping power from the overhead console. Unfortunately I do not know how to remove it. On the Volt it is held in place with 4 metal clips and it just pulls out, but that do not seems to be the case for the Bolt.

Anyone know how to remove the overhead console?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm preparing the install the telescopic sun visors from the Volt and they come with vanity lights, I'd like to get them to work too, so I was planning on taping power from the overhead console. Unfortunately I do not know how to remove it. On the Volt it is held in place with 4 metal clips and it just pulls out, but that do not seems to be the case for the Bolt. Anyone know how to remove the overhead console?
:)timeToy, did you ever get a answer to your question? If no, I can help. I replaced the four factory overhead lights with LEDs as well as the one in the rear hatch. To remove the overhead console, grasp it from the rear with both hands and gently pull down while pushing forward on the frame with both thumbs. There are two plastic clips holding the rear section in place. While pushing and pulling down, the console rear section will drop down, once the rear is loose, pull rearward, and the front will come loose. There's one electrical connector and a wire running to the overhead microphone. I hope this helps.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1061/UVPhnN.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts