1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very cool, thanks. I have most of the components to make one of these right now. The one thing I don't have is the fast switching diodes (1N914). I do have some 1N4937, which are a lot larger, and 1N4148. Would either of these work in the circuit?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,207 Posts
Very cool, thanks. I have most of the components to make one of these right now. The one thing I don't have is the fast switching diodes (1N914). I do have some 1N4937, which are a lot larger, and 1N4148. Would either of these work in the circuit?
Any diode is fine. It's not switching in a J1772 application. It's only purpose is to block the -12V signal on the control pilot to signal that the plug is connected to a legitimate J1772 inlet.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any diode is fine. It's not switching in a J1772 application. It's only purpose is to block the -12V signal on the control pilot to signal that the plug is connected to a legitimate J1772 inlet.
Thanks, I didn't look close enough to see what was going on, I just looked up the datasheet on the 1N914 and saw it was a switching diode. I appreciate the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts