Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1: Download the app, and set it up with your vehicle information and credit card information. If you are planning to charge more than once a month, get the "plus" membership... $4.00 a month will pay for itself in savings if you charge twice in one month.

Step 2: When you arrive, open the app and select the specific charger you are going to be using. If the station has the old cables you will have to park very close to the station to get the cord to reach.

Step 3: Plug in your car, many EA stations have been retrofitted with longer charge cables, but if the station has the old cables you have to park very close to get the cord to reach. Hold the cable up (long or short cable, you still have to hold it up), and at the same time use the phone app to start the charge.

Step 4: Wait a couple min to make sure the charge is actually happening.

Step 5: Keep a close eye on the app if you have to leave your car, if the charge session faults out you have to get back to your vehicle and unplug it within 10 min to avoid $.0.40 per min idle fee.... and you probably will want to re-start the charging session depending on your SOC when the charger faulted out.

I have seen many YouTube video's of people trying to use EA chargers... Don't use the credit card reader, or the tap to pay system with your phone.... use the app! The ones I hate seeing the most are the ones where they say "I have the app, I don't know why it wont take my money using the tap to pay".... if you have the f'ing app use it!!!!

Later,

Keith

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Step 1: Don't count on your internet connection working when you are far from home. Call the tech number, and demand they connect you remotely..

Step 2: Buy an expensive phone with NFC.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I tried to use the card reader...didn't work. Tried the app....didn't work. Remote start worked after 3 or 4 tries and moving to 3 different chargers. So it's not always that easy....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also double check to make sure they're giving you the expected rate of charge and not downgrading your rate. I had this happen and had to switch chargers to fix this. Also watch their timer for charge end time after you shutdown. I think they run that over about a minute to charge you more if you disconnect too soon.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Most EA stations have an a square-framed open space at the top. The trick is to install a dream-catcher in this space. Doing so quiets the spirits that are attracted by the electrical energy present in the charger by providing them with an alternate source of etherial energy, allowing the charger to successfully communicate with the head office. It will help if someone nearby is sleeping (a hobo is fine). Next, use a small instrument, like tin-whistle to play Auld Lang Syne as you plug the car into the charger, as this tune calms any soot-sprites that may be infesting the cable and will allow your Bolt to properly lock it. During the charge, read aloud from The Book of Common Prayer to keep the session sustained and prevent premature termination.

Do not use the toilet while charging. Doing so may cause early tapering and reduced electrical flow.

I've only charged at an EA station once, but these steps worked for me!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of people have trouble using NFC with EA, that is why I specified to use the app instead.

Keith

PS: My entire 3000+ mile trip from Lepanto Arkansas to Chandler Arizona and back was all done on EA chargers, only had to move the car to a different station once in that trip... mostly because I USE THE APP! :)

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
A lot of people have trouble using NFC with EA, that is why I specified to use the app instead.

Keith

PS: My entire 3000+ mile trip from Lepanto Arkansas to Chandler Arizona and back was all done on EA chargers, only had to move the car to a different station once in that trip... mostly because I USE THE APP! :)

I use the app. We don't have NFC on our phones. If you don't have NFC, you get connected over the internet from your phone. It works great in Virginia. If your service provider has poor service, like we had in Bloomsburg, PA, the app is worthless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts