Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received a VIN number for my new BOLT EV and the dealer says it's on its way to New Jersey. Is there a website where I can track the location of the vehicle to have a better idea of when it will arrive?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the same situation (Massachusetts). Waiting on delivery 3 weeks now and dealer cannot/will not give me a straight answer as to where the car is. After initially telling me it "would be a few days", I was told that it's at the factory for QA. I spoke with Chevy Customer Service and they told me that it was *not* at the factory (identifying the car by VIN number) and that I had to get any more information from the dealer. I have no idea what's going on but I'm not a happy camper. Is info being withheld from me -- or is the dealer really clueless as to the vehicle location??

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's GM's ordering/delivery process for you. tracking your vehicle can be a pain, just keep heckling them for its status I guess. Couldn't find any tool to do so on their site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dealer continues to insist that they cannot find out when the car will be shipped. This is a Premier that I initially was told would be delivered "in a few days" and it is now pushing a month. The car was already built when I bought it because I have the VIN number. GM thinks I have the car because I keep getting "customer satisfaction" surveys (holding off on that ...) and SiriusXM has sent me mail telling me that the trial period was activated the day I paid for the car and, now, of course, 1 of 3 months of that trial is gone (not that I care that much but ...). Dealer says all that GM is telling them is that this car, and presumably others, is being held for testing/updating or something -- "because it is a new model". This is a major New England Chevy dealer ... -- frustrated

·
Banned
350 Posts
Call Chevy Customer Service with your order number. They were able to tell me when mine went "in the shipping process", and my dealer gave me the VIN at that time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called Chevy Customer Service and was told that, indeed, it is at the plant for quality control checks. They could not tell me when it would be released! As I mentioned, I bought this Bolt almost one month ago now and was given the VIN at that time. Not sure if I bought a car that has failed some checks or just (un)lucky to get one that was selected for some type of extended testing. It is the complete lack of any timeline that is extremely frustrating. Well, I have a case reference number now and will be pestering them (maybe daily) to see if there is an update.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was reported on a Volt owners forum that there used to be a website for GMConnect.com, at least in the U.S. (I'm not) where you could track the vehicle progress through production and delivery, but it was terminated. Here in Canada anyway, Chevy Customer Care said that there is not an online tracking system that we poor pleebs can access, but that either our dealer could advise of its progress, or I could call them, as long as I have an order number.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smedley, I'm in a similar situation (MA as well).

The car I leased from a prominent Chevrolet in Braintree on Feb 14, expected on Feb 25 has still not shown up. Dealer appears clueless and says it's somewhere in Michigan and on it's way but is unable to tell me when it will arrive. Meanwhile, my lease has started as of Feb and am battling with the dealer to refund month 1 of the lease payment.

Good idea about getting the VIN number. I will attempt to get it out of them tomorrow.

·
Banned
350 Posts
QA is a bottomless hole that can apparently take quite a while. Once customer service can tell you that it is in the shipping process, the dealer can absolutely track its progress.
I got an email from my sales guy this morning:
"Just had a chat with GM and they confirmed that as of 8 am today it passed through Boone, Iowa."
So he estimates that from there to Portland, my car may be here and ready in 12 days, give or take.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rocinante -- we are dealing with the same dealer (Braintree, I'm reluctant to name names but that says it all). Good luck on the lease. I paid cash and am not feeling "good" either. I've come to the conclusion that the dealer is telling me what they know but they also don't seem to be motivated to move things along, if that is even possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smedley, glad to hear we're in this together (whatever consolation that represents).

I made some headway with the dealer today. Got the VIN from them and called and spoke with their GM. His initials are J T (reluctant to name names but first name rhymes with dames). He was actually quite helpful which is a first for me. Reassured me they were very sorry for the delay and they would take care of any and all refunds when the car arrived. Also said they would give me a loaner this weekend since my current car is due back. I also asked about Sirius and the LTE package trial having started last month and he said they would look into some sort of extension when the car gets here.

I would call and ask to speak with him. I'm sure J T would look to solve problems faster if he knew all his Bolt buyers were anxious and weren't just going to 'wait'.

He said they usually get cars in on Tuesdays but he will check again tomorrow and let me know. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
My Bolt was produced on 11/23/16 and was stuck in QA limbo for over a month before it was finally put on a train early January. It took another 3 weeks to get to my dealer in CA. Originally I was able to get status updates directly from Chevy as to where the car was in the build process, but after the car had been produced and then in QA limbo for about a week, Chevy was no longer able to provide a status other than to tell me to contact my dealer for further info. Thankfully my dealer was pretty responsive and kept me in the loop as to what was going on.

Your dealer should be able to pull up in the GM Workbench ordering system a detailed status list of the car as it has moved through the ordering process, including whether it has made it on to a train car and even the railcar's ID number. Mine was able to do this. I have a pretty complete list of the whole process.

If you can get the even status code (a 4-digit alphanumeric string) from your dealer, it will tell you where the car is in shipping process. 4B00 means that it is Bayed which means it's parked somewhere, either waiting to get loaded on to a truck or train car, or it is in QA limbo. You want 4300 or 4200.

A list of all status codes are here:

GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Preferenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update on my purchase of a Premier from Quirk Chevy in Braintree, Mass: as of this coming Monday (March 20) it will be 5 weeks since I paid for the car in full and was told it "would be in in a few days". Cutting to the chase, and leaving out many, many phone calls and online chats with Chevy Customer Service and the dealership: Chevy will tell me nothing and only refers me back to the dealer; dealer says Chevy will tell them nothing other than the vehicle is pulled for QC -- no dates, no estimates, "no nothing". Dealer says tried to "escalate" with Chevy but then told me Chevy says car has to be in QC for 2 weeks before it can be escalated (whatever that really means, if anything). I pointed out that I've been constantly told it has been in QC for almost 5 weeks now! At this point I think all I can do is demand a refund. Looking at Massachusetts laws governing auto sales, it looks like they will be in violation of the law if the vehicle is not delivered within 8 weeks.

Not to sour on anyone else's experience but mine has become a nightmare. As other folks have pointed out: I could order a $1.00 electronic component from Amazon which is then delivered from China in a few days and I can track it all the way. Buy a $40k+ vehicle from Chevy and their attitude is "you'll get it when you get it".

·
Registered
14 Posts
rocinante -- I'd be interested to hear if there is a (hopefully promising) update on your situation. Mine remains the same, which is no info from either the dealer or Chevy ...

I was contacted today by Mass Energy to offer a testimonial on my experiance with my new Bolt -- what new Bolt??

Thanks

1 - 20 of 60 Posts