How do you unpair a fob from the car? I would love to know the detailed steps.
Here are instructions from the 2020 owner's manual to have the vehicle forget the existing keyfobs. What I don't know is whether you can reprogram one of the fobs again after completing this procedure.
Programming without Two Recognized Transmitters
If two currently recognized transmitters are not available, follow this procedure to program up to eight transmitters. This feature is not available in Canada. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The vehicle must be off and all of the transmitters to be programmed must be with you.
1. Remove the key lock cylinder cover on the driver door handle. See Door Locks p. 17. Insert the vehicle key of the transmitter into the key lock cylinder on the driver door handle and turn the key to the unlock position five times within 10 seconds. The DIC displays REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
2. Wait for 10 minutes until the DIC displays PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN and then press the POWER button on the vehicle. The DIC will again show REMOTE LEARN PENDING, PLEASE WAIT.
3. Repeat Step 2 two additional times. After the third time, all previously known transmitters will no longer work with the vehicle. Remaining transmitters can be relearned during the next steps. The DIC should now show READY FOR REMOTE # 1.
4. Open the center console and take out the small tray, if equipped. Place the transmitter in the backup location with the buttons facing down.
5. Press the POWER button on the vehicle to start the vehicle. When the transmitter is learned, the DIC will show that it is ready to program the next transmitter.
6. Remove the transmitter from the backup location and press the UNLOCK or LOCK button on the key fob. To program additional transmitters, repeat Steps 4–6. When all additional transmitters are programmed, press and hold the POWER button on the vehicle for 12 seconds to exit programming mode.
7. Put the key back into the RKE transmitter.
8. Replace the key lock cylinder cap. See Door Locks p. 17.