Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Now you are going to make me go out and test this.:)
I FINALLY went out and tested this. On my 2020 the brake lights go out as soon as the Bolt stops moving. I guess GM realized that might be an issue and changed it on the later ones.

I've lost track: what are you suggesting is what happens with earlier models? And when was the switch?
For newer model year Bolts the brake lights stay on after a single pedal stop. Not sure when they made the switch, 2021+?

Reactions: VoltoBolt
I've lost track: what are you suggesting is what happens with earlier models? And when was the switch?
Wow, did my response end up in an odd place! :) Kind of lost the context.

I had commented how even using one pedal drive I had to step on the brake pedal after stopping to insure the brake lights stayed on. Apparently sometime after 2020 they changed them to stay on until the accelerator is pressed.

I almost never move my foot over to the brake at at a complete stop, unless I am on a hill and the car continues to drift.

So you are saying when I one-pedal drive in my 2019 Bolt EV; the brake lights go off when the car comes to a complete stop?

It looks like, that until the car behind me stops, I should press the brake for him to be additionally alerted by the brake lights, that I have come to a complete stop.

I almost never move my foot over to the brake at at a complete stop, unless I am on a hill and the car continues to drift.

So you are saying when I one-pedal drive in my 2019 Bolt EV; the brake lights go off when the car comes to a complete stop?

It looks like, that until the car behind me stops, I should press the brake for him to be additionally alerted by the brake lights, that I have come to a complete stop.
Yes, as soon as the older Bolts stop the brake lights go out, so unless there is another car already stopped behind me I press the brake pedal to keep the lights on.

On my 2019 I noticed yesterday while driving late in the dark that the brake lights stays ON when I come to a complete stop, on L mode, without pressing the brake pedal and they stay lit until I accelerate again. BUT if from the stop I lightly press the go pedal and move 2 inch and then stop, they won't light up. Same thing if I press the brake pedal and let go they won't stay on

On my 2019 I noticed yesterday while driving late in the dark that the brake lights stays ON when I come to a complete stop, on L mode, without pressing the brake pedal and they stay lit until I accelerate again. BUT if from the stop I lightly press the go pedal and move 2 inch and then stop, they won't light up. Same thing if I press the brake pedal and let go they won't stay on
The brake lights come on even when stopped in "L" mode if you're on an uphill grade and the car has engaged Hill Start Assist so that you don't need to press the brake pedal to prevent the car from rolling.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.