Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in our 95 mbz last week for a new Bolt. We had no idea they existed until we started doing EV research (D- for Chevy's advertising campaign, and we live in CA!). They had us at (1) 240 mi range and (2) Car and Driver car of the year...getting used to the regen paddle, L mode, etc. Not real stoked about the lack of charging stations or the PlugShare app (blehh). Haven't used (or found) a Charge Point station yet. The two stations at Spanish Bay (L2) are often filled by guests, but they are free , which would be nice. PlugShare shows 'stations' in a couple places that are basically a 110v plug with an EV sign above it. Do you sleep in your car while it takes 12 hours to charge? So, more stations are certainly needed. We're using L1 charging in garage now, can't wait to see what PG&E charges us for that juice. Looking at an L2 charger ($1000 for the unit and install no doubt). Only glitch so far is the USB ports in the center console are inop. No iphone or android charging or phone recognition - so it's dead. Called the dealer 2 days after we leased the car (yes, we leased for the first time), and the first opening in service was a week out (ouch), so we hope we don't need service often. Anyway, love the car so far, roomy, zippy, no gas, decent techy phone/map options once they work. I think the car could look a little sexier, but not a big deal. By the time our lease is up in 3 years could be a whole new car. Thinking about buying the Tesla Level 2 adapter as there are some Tesla free charging spots nearby. I have no qualms about having Tesla provide juice until more stations are built. But that's me. So far so good!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
PlugShare shows 'stations' in a couple places that are basically a 110v plug with an EV sign above it.
In PlugShare's "settings" page you can tell it to filter which charging stations it shows by plug type. I highly recommend setting it to show only J1772 and CCS plugs so as to eliminate the clutter of useless stations.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Check your USB cable to make sure it's actually working. There is a fuse for the USB ports, it's F23 in the instrument panel fuse block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts