Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the show here. I think the Bolt just might make a wonderful addition to our family fleet of vehicles.

Contemplating ditching my wifes Passat and keeping the Bolt and my FIT...

Looking forward to the journey!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well, I'd probably be wanting to get rid of anything made by VW as well. I don't trust them anymore. They are so bad that they make me forget about the alst scandal that fell on GM's shoulders.

What makes you interested in an EV?

Welcome!

·
Registered
79 Posts
New to the show here. I think the Bolt just might make a wonderful addition to our family fleet of vehicles.

Contemplating ditching my wifes Passat and keeping the Bolt and my FIT...

Looking forward to the journey!
It's interesting you're looking at replacing the Passat -- the Bolt interior photos show that it features an impressive amount of rear legroom, but we'll see how it is in real life. The Bolt's flat floor and hatch rear may make the Bolt feel more spacious inside -- we'll see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'd probably be wanting to get rid of anything made by VW as well. I don't trust them anymore. They are so bad that they make me forget about the alst scandal that fell on GM's shoulders.

What makes you interested in an EV?

Welcome!
I don't care about the VW scandal. The car still returns a fantastic mileage regardless of the PR, in fact the scandal is why our mileage has been so great. Sorry I guess I'm not as progressive as you are, I put my interests first, and as far as I'm concerned VW hasn't hurt my interests one bit... (aside from resale value, but whatever)

In fact we don't really want to get rid of the Passat but it's now two years out of warranty and little things are starting to go wrong, trim and electronics mostly

EV's interest us from a cost standpoint. We were already losing money on the TDI passat we have simply due to the fact we aren't putting enough miles on it in the last year to earn the payback from higher cost diesel. As my wife has moved to a new job closer to home.

In fact the Bolt theoretically should be able to shuffle her to and from work all week on a single charge (that's if we exclude other trips)

·
Registered
79 Posts
EV's interest us from a cost standpoint. We were already losing money on the TDI passat we have simply due to the fact we aren't putting enough miles on it in the last year to earn the payback from higher cost diesel. As my wife has moved to a new job closer to home.

In fact the Bolt theoretically should be able to shuffle her to and from work all week on a single charge (that's if we exclude other trips)
This is what I love about EVs -- the idea that you can go about your day without needing to burn any gas. No need to purchase any fuels that may fund our enemies (/end political note), and pollute the air in the neighborhoods we live in. This idea of not using any gas seemed like pure fantasy not that long ago. It excites me that we now, with the Bolt, have a car that won't require any compromises to live an EV lifestyle. No more range anxiety.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I love about EVs -- the idea that you can go about your day without needing to burn any gas. No need to purchase any fuels that may fund our enemies (/end political note), and pollute the air in the neighborhoods we live in. This idea of not using any gas seemed like pure fantasy not that long ago. It excites me that we now, with the Bolt, have a car that won't require any compromises to live an EV lifestyle. No more range anxiety.
Of note re: pollution. It does depend on where your electricity comes from. For example if your wall socket is connected to a coal fired plant then at the end of the day we may in fact be replacing our tail pipe emissions with far more harmful emissions... However there has never been an acurate study (to my knowledge) that examines the trade off between tail pipe emissions and emissions from the power plant.

Just something I'm curious about to be honest.

I will say again, we are here for the cost savings. We don't consider ourselves Eco warriors, and in fact anyone who believes that they've bought an EV to save the world needs a firm rap on the head... (not that I'm saying you or anyone else here is)

But yes it is cool to be able to go about our business without juice in the bucket (so to speak ;))

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got my own gripe against VW, but has nothing to do with the TDI emissions scandal. Had a '00 Mk4 GTI VR6, and it was by far the most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. I don't care if VW makes a 400-mile e-Golf, no more VWs for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts