Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Replaced my front and back gold bowties with black bowties.

Unfortunately - getting the tabs free for the front bowtie was a problem for me and I ended up breaking all of them off :(
I did the same. :(
Tried super glue repair which I thought might work but when attempting to install the black OEM replacement badge, they just broke again.
Three of them in and under the radiator I believe.

How hard is it to remove a front lower panel to look for these?

Replacing the front upper grill now...expensive mistake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've seen the kits but decided to go with something I've done many times. I used plasti dip on mine. $4 and 45 minutes done. They'll stay black until I decide to remove the plasti dip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread. I was searching for a way to make the emblems black at home, saw the multiple recommendations for Plasti Dip, and then realized black wasn't my only option. I ended up trying to match the blue on the Bolt EV lettering. I think black would have looked better, but I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Y'all are spending too much for this mod... just throw a bag over the area and cut out a box around the bow tie. Mask off the chrome to the bag. (some people just spray it over the whole thing, but I like to keep the chrome)

Get spray plastidip in your favorite color from your local big-box store. Spray a few layers on. Remove tape and bag, clean up a bit with a razor. Done!

Here's a video of someone doing a Nissan logo:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone removed the badges?
Working on blacking out my bolt. Seriously considering removing the back Chevy logo & Bolt badge.
Looked online but couldn’t find any good pictures of what it would look like.
Someone in this thread removed the logo but I could only find a close shot.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Anyone removed the badges?
Working on blacking out my bolt. Seriously considering removing the back Chevy logo & Bolt badge.
Looked online but couldn’t find any good pictures of what it would look like.
Someone in this thread removed the logo but I could only find a close shot.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
yes!
Thinking about doing the same, and removing the “bolt ev” badge as well.
I wish the shot was from a little further away to get a better idea of how it looks
@Boltar did the following to remove the bowtie "just heat it up a bit and use some dental floss."
There used to be better pictures, @ProfessorBolta had posted some but are no longer available.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The car will look better without the rear bowtie, because it acts as a drip-focus for water running down the rear window, and thus it leaves dirty streaks below it down the window every time you use the window washer or when it rains.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts