Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
That would be much more complicated removing from distribution box....
I am not talking about a 400 volt fuse in the HPDM. I am talking about a 12 volt, 5 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box. i assume it disconnects a 12 volt relay somewhere.

60 HVAC electric heater
65 Auxiliary heater pump

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Checked this morning by monitoring the "Cabin Heat" PID. On full auto I turned the temperature up until the cabin heat was on but the AC light was on display. Pushed AC button to turn it off and then pushed it again to turn it on. Cabin heat did not come back on. Turned temperature all the way up, even to HI, and heat never come on.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt LT, Cajun Red
575 Posts
When I noticed the system blowing hot air in the middle of a Georgia summer once, i turned it off "AUTO" and have since manually controlled the fan speed/temp. myself. Never looked back and it works just fine for me. HVAC system is very poorly designed. 'Auto' feature is a P.o.S.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am not talking about a 400 volt fuse in the HPDM. I am talking about a 12 volt, 5 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box. i assume it disconnects a 12 volt relay somewhere.

60 HVAC electric heater
65 Auxiliary heater pump
I'm sorry I missed what you meant.....I didn't play with that...but that would be interesting to explore.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts