Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

ID.4 Out and Bolt EUV In

5K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Jim99 
#1 ·
I ordered a VW ID.4 back in January and cancelled the order after congress changed the EV rebate and my dealer estimated I wouldn't see it until sometime next year.
Now I am super happy with my new Bolt EUV! Chevy is footing the bill for the 240 outlet in the garage, I have $20,000 left in the bank and my insurance agent says I would have been paying double for the ID.4. My only issue is that my wife (who was reluctant to get an EV) loves it so much I haven't gotten to drive it to work yet!
Thanks for all the great info on the forum!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

See less See more
#2 ·
I ordered a VW ID.4 back in January and cancelled the order after congress changed the EV rebate and my dealer estimated I wouldn't see it until sometime next year.
Now I am super happy with my new Bolt EUV! Chevy is footing the bill for the 240 outlet in the garage, I have $20,000 left in the bank and my insurance agent says I would have been paying double for the ID.4. My only issue is that my wife (who was reluctant to get an EV) loves it so much I haven't gotten to drive it to work yet!

View attachment 47173
That thar is one pretty EUV. Congratulations 🤩

#11 ·
I like them both pretty equally. ID4 for the size/cargo room. Software is the downfall. The Bolt seems better in that aspect. If I did not get lucky in finding the ID4, I would have canceled my order that I placed in early Feb and got a Bolt already.
The Bolt will mainly be my children's car, whichever one of them does not want to pay for gas!! Might have some fights ..

#14 ·
I had my choice between blue and silver, and I went with silver to get the lighter interior color. But I do love that blue. But the silver is an amazing color, as the hue changes based on sky conditions. Sometimes it has a gold glow to it, other times it has a blue-ish hue. Happy with it as well.

#15 ·
My only issue is that my wife (who was reluctant to get an EV) loves it so much I haven't gotten to drive it to work yet!
I have been living this since Feb 2020...haha. wife had no interest in an EV(was just going with me to be nice) I drove it on the test drive for about 5-10 minutes, switched spots with her and it was her's from that point on! She does let me drive it sometimes...ya know, if I need to pick up a pizza...or if we go somewhere after she gets home from work and doesn't feel like driving. 🤗

#19 ·
Congrats! Love the color! Had ours prox 3 months now. View attachment 47195
That's awesome 😎. We just picked up a Bright Blue Bolt EUV yesterday for our trade repurchase. It's not a Redline though, but after seeing your pic, I'm really looking forward to putting my snow tires on, as they are on black wheels. I'm not looking forward to winter though. 🥶
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

#17 ·
Congrats! I will be doing the opposite when my ID.4 gets delivered next year so I can take advantage of the tax credit. My current Bolt dealer screwed my order with the wrong color and trim. This is a good looking blue. I am no longer interested in my Bolt though since its the wrong trim, but I have to take it because I really need a vehicle.

#20 ·
and not have to use a toggle switch to go between front and rear window switches
I have to be honest and say I rarely control the rear windows from the driver's seat. My grandkids are old enough now that I don't need to monitor their window actions. I thought that was a strange place for VW to save a few bucks, but after thinking about my usage I realized it really wouldn't be an issue.

#32 ·

View attachment 47173
My Fave color!! Good choice.... I had to get my wife a Volt, so She could share in the "movement" ... LOL

#34 ·
I'm in the same boat. I had placed an order for an ID4 in early May, which got bumped to a '23 order, which meant a price hike and some crazy color "choices." I decided to order an EUV while waiting, got more and more interested in the Bolt, then got called when a 2022 had the battery replaced and was available. Last Saturday we test drove it, then drove it home. Premier, white, with sun 'n sound package. I'm loving it!

#37 ·
Bright Blue is such a damned fine color. Granted, I originally ordered in Radiant Red (similar to my Volt) but changed my mind because I preferred Blue

It's pretty close in tone to Hyundai's Electric Blue Metallic, which was an amazing color I had on my prior Elantra sedan and is still my favorite. It looks good on both sunny or overcast days.

I intend to hit my EUV with some ceramic coating, and other products, to really give the paint a chance to stand out.

#38 ·
I just used this Meguiars product on our new EUV. Technically it's not a ceramic coating but it's received good reviews, and I've used this brand for many years. It will be interesting to see how it holds up to a Minnesota winter.🥶.

You're gonna love your new Bolt!
Toy Drink Machine Font Fictional character

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

#40 ·
I need to figure out what to touch up with this winter, or just let it slide until spring. Problem is some of these things aren't recommended to apply at sub freezing temperatures. I'll check out that Turtle Wax product. I don't have easy access to any heated space.

In past winters I've just used a Meguiars hybrid car wash with Carnauba and some other stuff. That may not be a good idea anymore with this new paint coating.

Reactions: Jim99
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.