Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to a Volt owner, I'm curious about my Bolt's idle power draw. Sitting at a stop light, either in L, or even in P, with climate turned off, I have a constant draw of 1kw.

I've had the car for several weeks, and it's always been 1kw. I've seen pictures of other's dash boards showing 0.5kw. And the Volt is 0.5kw

My power usage graph shows drivetrain is the only thing taking power.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Battery cooling/conditioning and supporting pumps may still be running.
After talking to a Volt owner, I'm curious about my Bolt's idle power draw. Sitting at a stop light, either in L, or even in P, with climate turned off, I have a constant draw of 1kw.

I've had the car for several weeks, and it's always been 1kw. I've seen pictures of other's dash boards showing 0.5kw. And the Volt is 0.5kw

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything off (lights, HVAC, audio). Car is in Park. 1kW draw. Always, no matter what temperature it is outside (50's or 70's). I've never seen 0.5kW.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Mine shows 1kW when stopped, but I just assumed that it meant greater than 0 and less than 2 kW. I think the minimum digital resolution is +/- 1 kW.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It will show 0.5kW based videos I've seen. The idle draw may depend on trim/packages. Maybe only base LTs can get down to 0.5kW??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer - not matter what I do, can't get 0.5kW. Headlights off, HVAC off, audio off. :-(

I'm on the Premium Trim.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
It would be interesting to see if trim level makes any difference. The Premiers are often pretty loaded up with gadgets and many of those gadgets may be powered up even if you're not using them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine's a Premier. I've seen 0.5kW, as well as higher numbers sometimes. Have not tried to nail down the reasons for variation - doubt it's worthwhile in light of the crudeness of the kW measurement/display.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts