Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't have a garage and there are pine trees which drip sap. Also the battery will last longer with less heat and it's nice to get into a car which is not so hot in the summer. we'd like not to have a lot of snow on it in the winter too.

For $32 you can buy a really nice shade sail which will keep the car much cooler on sunny days also shade the pavement when you are away. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9MC2WD

We put ours up at an angle for better drainage. We're sure the weather will get to it eventually but at that price it's no big deal. Photo below

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,296 Posts
We don't have a garage and there are pine trees which drip sap. Also the battery will last longer with less heat and it's nice to get into a car which is not so hot in the summer. we'd like not to have a lot of snow on it in the winter too.

For $32 you can buy a really nice shade sail which will keep the car much cooler on sunny days also shade the pavement when you are away. Amazon.com : Shade&Beyond 12'x16' Sun Shade Sail Rectangle Canopy Sail Sunshade UV Block for Patio Yard Backyard Light Grey : Garden & Outdoor

We put ours up at an angle for better drainage. We're sure the weather will get to it eventually but at that price it's no big deal. Photo below
View attachment 36416
I just use a car cover.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Really wish I could do the sail here in Phoenix. But no trees or other structures to attach to. Installing posts aren't an option because the area I park already encroaches on the neighbors property.

I don't like how car covers will scratch the paint, especially with all the dust and grit around here. Also a pain to use and just not worth the effort for me.

I need a pop-up umbrella. Hmm... That would be kinda cool to mount a module to the roof rack that could deploy and retract a shade.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Let me google that into existence. Done.
I naturally did a little Googling myself. Everything I saw, like that one, is for a shade to the side of the car. I would want one just over the car.

A giant version of a retractable window shade might work. No posts to drive through and could retract for the wind storms we get here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like too much work, like a car cover. Maybe we can Google an automatic roof rack mounted car umbrella into existence?
That baby comes with a remote so you can deploy it at will. There's a video included in the product description. Youtube also has video demos of them in action. Granted it wouldn't fare well if left in place while driving. You would run the risk of going all Mary Poppins with it.

I guess if you drove around with it in place it would also reduce your range. At least for the first bit until you got up to speed and it ripped off. Then no problem.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier Cajun Red Tintcoat
104 Posts
This requires a building permit in my town, and looks like it would lower property values for the neighbors. I certainly would not want one next to me. We also have several hurricane-remnant events a year.

I would not have bought a Bolt if I thought I had to baby it. It's a car, not a child.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts