Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
281 - 300 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Loan info sent, now the "next" wait!....
It "should" be that it is a "substitution of collateral" so my loan stands barring the hopeful balance reduction from the msrp difference.I should have no usage deduction and up in the air about registration fees. My hope is that my just over 40k msrp vs new car msrp of just over 37k nets a loan reduction. I certainly hope for a bit of "payback" for the trouble but will be more than happy to get a better loaded 22 model of my car and owe no more. I will call us even (y)

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Still waiting for my RC to hear back from my loan bank "Chase" about the "substitution of collateral" with them, that determines the path for the RC's paperwork VS a standard trade repurchase that would entail a new loan for the balance.
At least I have a copy of the invoice on my replacement EV so I have a VIN and it shows that it was built as I ordered it!

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Not much of an update at this point but did hear from my RC today. I did learn that I will NOT get dinged for "usage" and will get the difference in MSRP back. If the bank ok's the SOC (substitution of collateral) I will keep my current loan and owe the same and get a check for the difference and if a new loan the difference will go to the loan balance, so a wash there.( other than a possible loan rate change)
As soon as my RC hears from my bank on whether they do the SOC my RC will file the case and get the next step rolling on his end. Then wait for my offer. I sign, the dealer sign's then he approves the car to ship. So, car waiting, things seem on path.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Well still no answer from my RC about the loan/bank but I did get a call yesterday from my salesman at the dealer saying that my order is at 4200(shipped). Not sure who to believe because RC said that car wouldn't ship till offer is signed by me and dealer.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Well still no answer from my RC about the loan/bank but I did get a call yesterday from my salesman at the dealer saying that my order is at 4200(shipped). Not sure who to believe because RC said that car wouldn't ship till offer is signed by me and dealer.
So your in the home stretch now. Great.
Shipping car before you get the offer is different. I had to sign offer before they start to get ready to ship. And it can take weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier / 2020 Camaro SS
7 Posts
How bout it, my sales guy called and said my car is there !
How bout it, my sales guy called and said my car is there !
Just out of curiosity, does your new swapped Vin have the software update recall at this time? I have been waiting for my swap delivery since mid April and noticed the new one has the battery software update recall.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Congrads. You can finally breathe a little deeper
How about the offer?
They shipped your car without the offer. That’s out of the ordinary.
Not sure on the offer yet, the dealer is in high gear for once (now that the car is there). They are going to work with my RC (WOW) to get this done.
To tell the truth, I think the dealer "thinks" they will make some extra bucks on this. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Lucky you. 6 weeks ago I was told that my car was ready to be shipped. I'm still waiting and no one has any idea when it might be shipped. The RC says there are "transportation issues" with many of these replacement cars.
Is your replacement a "Nov" build? Or a swap order. Not sure if it makes a difference or not, just checking.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
I have read of some shipping issues on them sadly. I am beyond suprized that my car showed up already.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Lucky you. 6 weeks ago I was told that my car was ready to be shipped. I'm still waiting and no
In the same boat except my approval to ship just started a week ago. Geez another 4 to 6+ weeks till it gets to the dealer.

To tell the truth, I think the dealer "thinks" they will make some extra bucks on this. :ROFLMAO:
Watch them. With no mileage charge you should end out with at least a 3-4k or more credit cause of the diff in MSRP.

like the color. Our first choice was the Blue

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
In the same boat except my approval to ship just started a week ago. Geez another 4 to 6+ weeks till it gets to the dealer.

Watch them. With no mileage charge you should end out with at least a 3-4k or more credit cause of the diff in MSRP.

like the color. Our first choice was the Blue
Thanks on the color! I love both the red and blue, when I got my 21 it happened to be red so I was ok with that. And yes, I should end with 3k'ish either as a deduction from my loan or a check.
Yes, I will be all over them on the final costs!!!

281 - 300 of 331 Posts