Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
Sad part is how much my dealer is so not an ev dealer, they have 2 low end chargers but never thought to charge my car(this one or the first) before delivery, hope you don't live more than 40mi from here...
Ok, whatever, Glad to have it really finished now, what a load off. I don't know that I have EVER stressed so much over anything, and I went through cancer radiation. I DO love my cars :love:

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
875 Posts
Ok!! Finally done after 10ish months, I have my "swap" done
Congrads
Finally at the end of this trail and the start of a new one
plop pop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is. Old alka zeltzer commercial

Best wishes on the cancer unless that was just a anology, hopefully.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Congrads

Best wishes on the cancer unless that was just a anology, hopefully.
Yes, I did go through radiation for prostate cancer about 5yrs ago, so far all good! Thanks for the thoughts!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hopefully these questions fall under the proper category......
I am in the early stages of a Trade-Repurchase. I have just been approved for either a Straight Re-purchase or a Trade Repurchase. Background: 2019 Premier with replaced battery but now in the shop for over a month for a part and software issue (unable to charge vehicle). I am going for a Trade Re-purchase. My questions are the following (and I have read back through many of the very helpful posts):
1. I understand I will be assigned to a Repurchase Coordinator (RC) probably some time next week. There will be some paperwork I will need to scan and email once the RC is assigned. (My car is owned outright so hopefully this may simplify the process)
2. I am in CA so I understand that a usage fee will be levied (I was sent the calculator). Is this ever negotiable? Any 'pain and suffering allowances for not only the first challenge (battery), and now a vehicle that doesn't charge?
3. I am hoping to replace my vehicle with a 2022 2LT but does anyone know how easy these are to find? I have searched on the Chevy website and there are several not too far away. Do those vehicles need to be owned by GM and not the dealer for a Trade Repurchase?
4. Who is the 'Host Dealer?'
5. I'm reading several posts that say that 2022 EVs are no longer available so may have to wait for a 2023. Is this true?
6. Any hints on how to make this process smooth and hopefully faster than the prolonged wait I am reading about. They (GM) is paying for my rental car and it is getting pretty expensive for them ( >$1,500/month). It would seem to me a motivation to get this done as soon as they can. GM is most certainly testing all of our resolve on how much we love our Bolts. I still say it's the best car I've ever owned (yes, I even prefer it to my pal's Tesla, but don't tell him that).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
875 Posts
I am in the early stages of a Trade-Repurchase. I have just been approved for either a Straight Re-purchase or a Trade Repurchase. Background
Hello
You might be eligible to get a 23 given your car has not worked for awhile. A 22 is still possible , but probably not a nov 22.

2)
Pain and suffering is not something anyone here as received. CA does have useage fees.

3) You will probably have to call around to find a car and dealer wiling to do a swap. Start with where you bought the car.

4) finding a 22 is hard. But possible

Only way to make this easier is to be persistent and very very patient.

You can call your state AG and email Mary Barra.

Best of luck. Getting A 22 EUV next weekend.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Hello
You might be eligible to get a 23 given your car has not worked for awhile. A 22 is still possible , but probably not a nov 22.

2)
Pain and suffering is not something anyone here as received. CA does have useage fees.

3) You will probably have to call around to find a car and dealer wiling to do a swap. Start with where you bought the car.

Yep, a good dealer to start with is key! Without you get nowhere., or just get there the hard way.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 · (Edited)
Well a few days in now so my thoughts so far.
For the most part it's all love! But...
I do miss the upper tray in the armrest storage, a LOT. Kept the one from my 21 and it didn't fit, returned to dealer just to be fair.
Torn on the "shifter", the 21 had a kinda normal lever that I could blindly find, feel, and use. The new layout makes me look to see that I am pulling on the proper toggle for the right direction and takes up more real estate leading to the I miss the big cubby hole that the 21 had. Used for hand sanitizers and whatnot.
Not a big fan of perf leather seats, just too easy for "crap" to get into the pores, rather be smooth, SO much easier to wipe off.
Although the rotary dial is great for spinning through XM channels, it doesn't work the same when going through a USB drive, aggravating to have to do the same thing different ways.
I have found I miss the combo of the volume and the FF/RW a LOT too, it was at easy reach and again blindly intuitive. Leading into the Tesla ways, too much touch screen to me.

On the better side of things, glad to have the Bose, 1st car I have not had to install a sub! The surround camera has amazed my wife and a few others.
LOVE the new front and rear light setup! HID's are just wrong for a "flash", they don't like it.
Had a bit of trouble setting up the wireless Andriod Auto but after reinstalling I did get it to work, one of the best things for the 22's is that, and the the wireless charging! Never could understand that my old 17 Volt would give me a text notice but Bolts don't, you have to use AA/ACP. My wifes 21 Escape will not only notify but read out a incoming text with nothing more than the basic phone connection to the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello

2)

Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks all for your replies. I seem to be 'stuck' in the process; waiting to hear from the Repurchase Coordinator (one not assigned (yet) apparently). Issue originally reported on 5/4/2022 and requested vehicle replacement due to software/unable to charge vehicle. Case 'escalated' per Chevy Concierge and now 'approved' for Trade/Repurchase however not assigned a Repurchase Coordinator (told they should be contacting me within a 'few days' and it's now been over a week). Each time I contact the Concierge who is assigned to me, she says, 'you will hear from them in two days. Let me know if you don't.' Local dealer has agreed to be the host and all documents requested sent in.

Any suggestions or pearls of wisdom on how to speed this ridiculous process along? This process is making the battery replacement seem like a piece of cake. I still love the Bolt but my love for this car (and company), is waning rather quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all - I've read through the thread and super helpful! My question is regarding timing. I just am getting passed to the repurchase team today, how far out am I looking before I am able to pick a car to swap into? I realize I need to provide them my lease, they need to contact my host etc. Thank you

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi all - I've read through the thread and super helpful! My question is regarding timing. I just am getting passed to the repurchase team today, how far out am I looking before I am able to pick a car to swap into? I realize I need to provide them my lease, they need to contact my host etc. Thank you
Assuming you are able to find a dealer that is willing to host the swap and also use one of their allocations, I say you are about 4 weeks out to receiving the offer. Then it's matter of waiting for the car to arrive if it's still in-transit, which can vary in time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would start looking for a dealer to host the swap now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would start looking for a dealer to host the swap now.
Thanks all - agree, will start to look now. Any thoughts on whether certain ICE vehicles are easier to trade in/more desirable to dealers than others? Might be able to get one faster than a 2023 Bolt at this point? Thinking about taking someone's advice on here and getting what I can in hand, then trading it in for another EV (with sales tax only on the difference since it's a trade in).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks all - agree, will start to look now. Any thoughts on whether certain ICE vehicles are easier to trade in/more desirable to dealers than others? Might be able to get one faster than a 2023 Bolt at this point? Thinking about taking someone's advice on here and getting what I can in hand, then trading it in for another EV (with sales tax only on the difference since it's a trade in).
It’s hard to say right now. The corvette is the best but basically impossible to get. Other than that Camaro and Silverados. The problem with this route is that you risk depreciation before you can sell. It could take 6 months for your car to be built. By that time the car shortage might be over and now your gas guzzler is worth less than the new bolt after taxes and fees. Also consider the hassle. The market isn’t as hot as it was a few months ago. Especially for gas cars.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts