Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
New twist in the process. Just got word that they are "working on it." (This is from the GM end)

I also contacted the dealer I'm working with regarding the status of the Traverse order. Apparently, GM actually needs to approve it (I'm guessing this means the Repurchase Team) before it even enters production.

At this rate, I may not get a resolution until next year.
I also ordered a Traverse as a replacement vehicle about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The build code is still at 0500 and the dealer doesn't know why. they say it should be at code 1100. I'm still waiting on my offer from the replacement team but GM had me order the vehicle. Are you saying everything needs to be finalized with the repurchase team before they even allow the vehicle to be built?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I also ordered a Traverse as a replacement vehicle about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The build code is still at 0500 and the dealer doesn't know why. they say it should be at code 1100. I'm still waiting on my offer from the replacement team but GM had me order the vehicle. Are you saying everything needs to be finalized with the repurchase team before they even allow the vehicle to be built?
Yes, my understanding is that the repurchase team has to pull some levers before the ordered vehicle even enters production.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yes, my understanding is that the repurchase team has to pull some levers before the ordered vehicle even enters production.
Hmm, as far as mine went "I" had to go order my car at the dealer(per GM guidance) and was in 1100 status in short order. When I ordered my new 22 replacement I was still dealing with the regional service manager, not got to the repurchase dept as I am now.
I will say that mine didn't update to 3000 status till after moving on to the repurchase team.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Must be something with that dealer, maybe low sales, but my order was at 1100 before I left the lot.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
184 Posts
Maybe it would be a good deal to swap to an ICE vehicle for now then sell it next year and buy your EV next year to get the proposed credit.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hmm, as far as mine went "I" had to go order my car at the dealer(per GM guidance) and was in 1100 status in short order. When I ordered my new 22 replacement I was still dealing with the regional service manager, not got to the repurchase dept as I am now.
I will say that mine didn't update to 3000 status till after moving on to the repurchase team.
Correct. Mine went into 1100 as well, but according to the dealer, that status still does not allow the order to go into production. My understanding is that the repurchase team has to approve something or at the very least submit some paperwork before it leaves that status and enters production. What is 3000 status?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Correct. Mine went into 1100 as well, but according to the dealer, that status still does not allow the order to go into production. My understanding is that the repurchase team has to approve something or at the very least submit some paperwork before it leaves that status and enters production. What is 3000 status?
From the list of codes I found:
3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
FWIW here is the best descriptive list of order codes I've found.

TPW (Target Production)

Target Production Week (TPW) is the week that the production plant has targeted to produce the vehicle order. A TPW is usually assigned by status code 3300.

• 500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.
• 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)
• 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)
• 2030, Order re-edited (if necessary) (This is simply an edit code showing that something on your order has been changed. It does not mean your order has been accepted to production and really does not mean anything beyond your previous status other than a change has been made.)
• 2051, Order changed thru Web (same as above)
• 2500, Order preferenced (This means that the Order has been moved to the stage that parts department is now ready to place the orders for the components that will become your car)
• 3000, Order accepted by production control (This is the response from production to your 2500 status and is when Parts are actually ordered. No further changes can be made to your order once you reach this point.)
• 3100, Order available to sequence (This is more or less an inter-office memo from Parts to Production saying all parts are committed to this build, they are clear to sequence them for the build.)
• 3300, Order scheduled for production (This is the response to the 3100 status where Production is cleared to sequence and schedule the build) TPW usually avaiable
• 3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)
• 3800, Order produced (The vehicle is completed and has rolled off the line. A Vin is now available.)
• 4000, Available to ship (Vehicle is off the line and available to ship)
• 4104, Bailment Invoice (Shipping documents generated)
• 4200, Shipped (Vehicle has been moved by a carrier to another location or destination. If in combination with a 4300 status code then this is transfer to either a vendor for upfitting or to a distribution yard for final transportation.)
• 4300, Intermediate Delivery (In combination with a 4200 this is saying that the vehicle has been transported to a vendor or to a distribution center.)
• 4B00, Bayed (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation. It can also be this status while in Quality Control)
• 4800 Rail Ramp Unload, end of the line by (if) rail. To be delivered by truck to dealer
• 5000, Delivered to the dealer
• 6000, Delivered to the customer
• 9000, Order Cancelled

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Got my 1st 989 call today, as I figured she had not much info on my case as far as me doing a trade repurchase. I told her I was NOT heading for a straight repurchase and told her that I had already provided at least most of the docs asked for previously. Gave her the name of the guy I started all this with (the one I sent all the docs to) and she said she would go back over my case notes and email me tomorrow for any missing info.
Tis truly amazing, the lack of communication between departments....

As a side note, I did get a presumed auto email today stating my new 22 EV build is listed as:

Chevrolet has your order in the system, the Target Production Week is 11/15/2021. This means the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is waiting to move towards production at the plant.

Hope the Orion plant runs at least 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Got my 1st 989 call today, as I figured she had not much info on my case as far as me doing a trade repurchase. I told her I was NOT heading for a straight repurchase and told her that I had already provided at least most of the docs asked for previously. Gave her the name of the guy I started all this with (the one I sent all the docs to) and she said she would go back over my case notes and email me tomorrow for any missing info.
Tis truly amazing, the lack of communication between departments....

As a side note, I did get a presumed auto email today stating my new 22 EV build is listed as:

Chevrolet has your order in the system, the Target Production Week is 11/15/2021. This means the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is waiting to move towards production at the plant.

Hope the Orion plant runs at least 3 weeks.
Congratulations on the progress! Also a quick tip for anyone who is pursuing a trade repurchase and have orders out: you can go to Chevrolet.com and use the “Contact us” feature to get to the online chatbot. You can type “vehicle order status” and provide your order number and they can actually give you a status.

I’ve been doing this almost daily since I got the order number from the dealer. It’s always been, order placed but not accepted by GM - until today! It’s finally been accepted but not scheduled for production yet. This was one business day after I finally got to speak with the Repurchase Team (last Friday).

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Congratulations on the progress! Also a quick tip for anyone who is pursuing a trade repurchase and have orders out: you can go to Chevrolet.com and use the “Contact us” feature to get to the online chatbot. You can type “vehicle order status” and provide your order number and they can actually give you a status.
Good tip and yes, it's the quick and easy way to get a basic update without dealing with the call in system... :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought will ask a question here, since I did not get a reply on other threads :)
I accepted the MSRP swap for BoltEV2019 to BoltEUV2022, my order number is with the dealer and with the EVC. But I have the battery swap scheduled at my dealer in mid-Nov. I am wondering if Chevy will still honor the swap? The dealer said they will, I am hesitant to ask EVC...thoughts...Thanks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I thought will ask a question here, since I did not get a reply on other threads :)
I accepted the MSRP swap for BoltEV2019 to BoltEUV2022, my order number is with the dealer and with the EVC. But I have the battery swap scheduled at my dealer in mid-Nov. I am wondering if Chevy will still honor the swap? The dealer said they will, I am hesitant to ask EVC...thoughts...Thanks.
This is a tough one. My personal opinion? By accepting and proceeding with the battery swap, they've satisfied their obligation to repair your Bolt, which in turn releases them from the obligation to buy it back. I could be very wrong on this though, but that's my opinion. If I were in a similar situation, if the trade was what I ultimately wanted, I would just wait until the swap actually occurs.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts