Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
81 - 100 of 388 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 ·
Lack of communication between departments continues.....
Got a call from my new repurchase "helper" this morning, she had now found the docs I had previously sent so that was good but it went on that unlike the deal for the msrp "swap/trade that has been in the works she now says that it would be a "standard" buyback, they offer X amount for mine to put towards the new one on order and I owe the difference.... Nope! THAT is not what I have been told all along. So... I emailed the GM guy that I stated with on this lovely journey and filled him in on her reply, asking for him to contact her and get ducks in said row, he replied (quickly I might add) that he would investigate the issue and get back to me.
Just WOW..... I mean, I REALLY questioned the legitimacy of the swap deal with the 1st guy and he swore by what he said, and he was a "regional service manager", not just some phone service.
Just hope they can all get their crap together, or their stories straight..

Lack of communication between departments continues.....
Got a call from my new repurchase "helper" this morning, she had now found the docs I had previously sent so that was good but it went on that unlike the deal for the msrp "swap/trade that has been in the works she now says that it would be a "standard" buyback, they offer X amount for mine to put towards the new one on order and I owe the difference.... Nope! THAT is not what I have been told all along. So... I emailed the GM guy that I stated with on this lovely journey and filled him in on her reply, asking for him to contact her and get ducks in said row, he replied (quickly I might add) that he would investigate the issue and get back to me.
Just WOW..... I mean, I REALLY questioned the legitimacy of the swap deal with the 1st guy and he swore by what he said, and he was a "regional service manager", not just some phone service.
Just hope they can all get their crap together, or their stories straight..
Are you able to hold off getting another car until 2022? With renewed tax credit, you may be able to use your buyback + tax credit to get a fully loaded EUV... maybe even money back in your pocket too if you shop around outside of your state. Being road trip worthy, I would not hesitate to buy one and drive it back home on temp dealer tags.

Reactions: Jrvaughn
Discussion starter · #83 ·
Are you able to hold off getting another car until 2022? With renewed tax credit, you may be able to use your buyback + tax credit to get a fully loaded EUV... maybe even money back in your pocket too if you shop around outside of your state. Being road trip worthy, I would not hesitate to buy one and drive it back home on temp dealer tags.
My problem is that I owe 32k on my loan, what's the odds that gm's buyback would cover the 37k of the new car they had me order for the msrp trade?

My problem is that I owe 32k on my loan, what's the odds that gm's buyback would cover the 37k of the new car they had me order for the msrp trade?
So you were expecting GM to pay off your loan plus give you a new Bolt?!?

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Not payoff, but I was told that it would be a "collateral" exchange with my bank lien. I still owe what I owe, they swap me cars.

Not payoff, but I was told that it would be a "collateral" exchange with my bank lien. I still owe what I owe, they swap me cars.
Then pay off your loan, get by for without a car (if you can share/carpool), get new loan for new EV after New Year. With $12,500 tax credit, Kia Niro EV (239 mile range so like old 2017-19 Bolt) will have to have a huge special like $99/mo lease to get any sales/leases.

Then pay off your loan, get by for without a car (if you can share/carpool), get new loan for new EV after New Year. With $12,500 tax credit, Kia Niro EV (239 mile range so like old 2017-19 Bolt) will have to have a huge special like $99/mo lease to get any sales/leases.
Kia is not union built so it would not be $12,500. Plus still not a guarantee this will pass but it is looking more like it will.

Kia not union built so it would not be $12,500. Plus still not a guarantee this will pass but it is looking more like it will.
My point exactly. So they have to up the incentive, esp with such low range for a 2022. I think most would agree that a 2022 BEV needs to have at least 250 miles of range.

Discussion starter · #89 ·
If you have read this thread, my point is that I was led by the gm "team" that I could order a new 22 EV and trade in my current 21, keep my current loan and balance and owe nothing MORE. NOT asking or was offered any kind of payoff.
That was a good deal and I accepted but now the next "people" seem to not be on the same page. I have since re-recruted the original guy to intervene with the new people to get back on track.
Just pisses me off of all the confusion with gm's people.....

Reactions: p7wang
Would waiting until Jan for the swap make that work? I really don't think GM will deliver any more new Bolt until after the new year, possibly summer.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Well todays episode of as the Bolt turns....
My recent new girl from the repurchase called this afternoon and I guess my email to my previous guy helped because today she called to tell me that someone above her pay grade passed my case beyond her and she gave me my 6 digit case # for the 1st time.
Now told to wait 4-6 weeks for final bid. Seems adamit for me to have a VIN # then so I hope my new car is that far along at that point.

Well todays episode of as the Bolt turns....
My recent new girl from the repurchase called this afternoon and I guess my email to my previous guy helped because today she called to tell me that someone above her pay grade passed my case beyond her and she gave me my 6 digit case # for the 1st time.
Now told to wait 4-6 weeks for final bid. Seems adamit for me to have a VIN # then so I hope my new car is that far along at that point.
I wish you well. I started the repurchase chase 8/25. After my 3rd concierge and 5 additional weeks, I was contacted today by Sarah, my repurchase rep. I supplied all of the documents and photos she requested. Not holding my breath. Would like it to be over this year though.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Just had a "Chat" :) with chevy and my order status is "3400, Order broadcast (This is when the order is actually loaded onto the production line computers and parts are being staged for the build)"
So it's looking like my build may make this 2 week run at Orion.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
Wonder why I can't find ANY info on the Orion plant restart? You would think it would be SOME kind of news...

Discussion starter · #95 ·
My latest for today is:

"Here is the current status for your 2022 Bolt EV order:
Chevrolet has your order in the system, the Target Production Week is 11/15/2021. This means the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is waiting to move towards production at the plant. This process can take time, so the TPW is subject to change based on plant schedule. We are unable to provide any other estimates or estimated time of arrival at this time.
I will send you another update next 11-18-2021.
If you would like to check on your vehicle order status before then, please feel free to chat from www..com, or you may contact me directly at my phone number listed below.
For faster service, please reference your case number 9-*** or your order number .
Thank you for choosing for your new vehicle!
Customer Assistance"

This is the 1st Email I have got since I left the RSM that was awesome as far as communication. Only because I badgered the chat rep that I hadn't got an email update in 3 weeks and they waited till I told them that I really got the email that they just sent.
HORRIBLE communication is all I see.
While On the "chat" I asked about if there would be any production the week of 11/15 and got disconnected. When I "chatted" after that I got the info above.

I know that they can't process my "swap" till the new car is built and that is driving me nutz because of the Orion status....

My latest for today is:

Chevrolet has your order in the system, the Target Production Week is 11/15/2021. This means the vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is waiting to move towards production at the plant. This process can take time, so the TPW is subject to change based on plant schedule. We are unable to provide any other estimates or estimated time of arrival at this time.
If you would like to check on your vehicle order status before then, please feel free to chat from www..com, or you may contact me directly at my phone number listed below.
For faster service, please reference your case number 9-*** or your order number .
Customer Assistance"

This is the 1st Email I have got since I left the RSM that was awesome as far as communication. Only because I badgered the chat rep that I hadn't got an email update in 3 weeks and they waited till I told them that I really got the email that they just sent.
While On the "chat" I asked about if there would be any production the week of 11/15 and got disconnected. When I "chatted" after that I got the info above.

I know that they can't process my "swap" till the new car is built and that is driving me nutz because of the Orion status....
Will the swap be MSRP or with dealer additional mark-up? I would love to upgrade to an EUV, if I can work out an even trade after pending tax credit.

My latest for today is:

Customer Assistance"

Congrats, mine is still stuck at 1100…

Discussion starter · #98 ·
Will the swap be MSRP or with dealer additional mark-up? I would love to upgrade to an EUV, if I can work out an even trade after pending tax credit.
As I was told it would be a "trade" as far as what I owe now. I keep the loan I have now and they deal with my bank and do a "collateral trade"

Discussion starter · #99 ·
And as I mentioned before, Still waiting on the voice of the portly lady :)

That's basically what happened with me, just replace "new Bolt" with "new Blazer" (which I sold for over MSRP Lol).
edit: let me do the math.
Before the buyback, came in with a MSRP $44k '19 Bolt Premier worth ~$22k in trade value and a $30k loan.
  • swapped into a $34k Blazer, GM credited $10k off of my loan liability for downgrading to a Blazer (MSRP $34k)
  • eventually sold the Blazer for $34.6k (yes, over MSRP, not a typo) to an online dealer
  • Received $200 in Chevy rewards points for the Blazer as it was considered a "new" car purchase, which is worth 20,000 points, or $200 in credit
  • $34.6k + $10k + $200 = $44.8k total compensation from GM.

tldr; went from $8k in the hole to +$14.8k equity (the $14.8k equity went towards a down payment for a Model 3)

81 - 100 of 388 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.