Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m super interested to know what income bracket Bolt owners have, generally speaking of course and anonymously. Also be interesting to see people’s age. I suspect a lot of 50+, retirees and income levels $100K+ or a relative income to your location.

Does anyone here know how to set up a survey tool?

·
Registered
624 Posts
there's a 'post a poll' option at the bottom when you start a new thread, but after playing with it for all of 1 minute i can't really see how it works. you could do something like surveymonkey and post a link here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Polls are easy, you set them up after you submit the thread. Problem is you can't do a two dimensional poll for income and age, so you'd have to start two threads, one for each. But that won't show you cross correlation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m in the 30s bracket
Too far from retirement LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)Just a assumption. The Bolt EV probably appeals to mostly middle age people, and those with average incomes. Younger and older people probably wouldn't be interested in a EV at this time in their development. In my opinion, the Bolt EV is reasonably priced, and is affordable by anyone with a average income. There's always low to high exceptions. I had a VW Rabbit diesel in 1980 when diesel passenger cars became available, a Prius Plug In, and back to back EVs. I've always liked new trends and technology. YN?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a senior retired 3 years, love Hi-Tech, drove a volt for 2 years. I'm a volunteer driver for the county and this is what prompted me to upgrade from a Volt to a Bolt. The county reimburses my mileage which is @ 15,000 miles a year. The reimbursement pays for my 3yr lease, car insurance, electricity charging at home and there is still some spending money left over!

Basically I get paid to drive a Bolt LT 1200 miles a month all-expenses-paid. I love to drive and especially with no gas and I love to help other people so this is a perfect retirement past time for me.

I'm at the bottom of the income bracket which is fine by me! I live debt-free and all my needs are met, I'm in good health and I get to drive a brand new Bolt and get paid to do it! For me, life doesn't get any better than this :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Okay I wrote this four times now maybe because I am using math symbols...
I am in the less than 50 age and less than 70k salary bracket. And decades from retiring.

Reactions: Goose

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
36, don't own a Bolt but it appeals to me. Not sure what my income is since I got a new job last year, and I don't check my deposits. Boss says I'm probably in the 90s. Base is 70k.

Just found out we're losing the company car, so I might end up with a Bolt after all as my personal.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am in the 30-39 bracket, not giving my age though since this bracket will change next year! Household income of $100,000 with two full time salaries. I bought the Bolt since I could take advantage of the massive credits/rebates in California, plus I love to support new/cleaner technology. Driving 25,000-30,000 miles through some of the most air polluted cities in the US/World, I felt it was my moral responsibility to do the right thing. It was really hard not buying that mid-life crisis sports car though ;)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Now that we're both retired, 95% of our driving easily falls into the Bolt range. I've known we needed an EV for everyday use, but if I'd known how much fun it was going to be, we'd probably have leased an i3 two years ago.

jack vines

·
Registered
99 Posts
In my 30s.
Me and the wife are at 100k+ each. Plus a little extra from dividends in investments.
Everything is paid in full, home , cars, etc..

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's interesting, but when I first got interested in the Volt, the most common buyers in my area seemed to be wealthier 50+s and many engineers in that bunch. However, as the prices plummeted on the gen. 1 volt and more and more amazing steals were to be had, I ended up meeting far more 30 and 40 somethings that bought them.

For the bolt, I have only actually met one other owner in the area so maybe a poll on here is the best plan?

We are mid(ish) to late(ish) 30 somethings and are at the $100-$200k range depending on how the business does each year...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I suspect a lot of 50+, retirees and income levels $100K+ or a relative income to your location.
Wannabe here, I'm too cheap to give up my Focus Wagon and/or Subaru so long as they are still like new, although both are well over 10 years old. I'm within your guess for demographic now and have been for nearly 20 years. As others noted, I have a keen interest in technology and a desire to reduce carbon footprint.

Because I need to haul minor stuff (hobby farmer) I'm waiting for news of the Bolt/Buick which I hope will be a mini-SUV. At that point I'm near certain to make the leap if I haven't replaced one of my cars with a Bolt by then. For now I'm just watching eagerly, and learning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts